The pickings are slim!

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Now for our 2 days in DHS. We'll either need to find 2 or 3 qs places depending if we decide to do 1 or 2 sit down meals. We're not looking to hop but would be willing to go to a nearby resort. THNX

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
QS
Fairfax Fare has really good truffle oil hotdog and another gourmet hotdog on delicious bread, and chips meal for QS AT HS

Also Backlot Express in HS is usually good or Starring Rolls Bakery has some really good sandwiches and stuff As well.

People don't give these several places credit for QS options in HS! We absolutely have to eat at Faifax Fare at least once every trip and stop in Starring Rolls as well every trip.

TS:
We have love 50's , Mama Melrose, HBD, and also Sci-Fi. The only one we won't dine at is Hollywood and Vine. :)

Last edited:

HouCuseChickie

How is HBD walk up it looks good for lunch

I've only walked up to the lounge for lunch, but we loved it. It's easy to miss too. There's a small outdoor entrance by a bar stand in the area that is adjacent to Starring Rolls. We lined up just a little before noon (when they open) and still were able to snag a table when they opened. We were able to order off both the lounge menu and the main restaurant menu. It is outdoor seating, but the tables have large umbrellas and it's great for people watching.

EDIT- We have eaten in the main restaurant- it's just been some time since we've gone that route.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
I've only walked up to the lounge for lunch, but we loved it. It's easy to miss too. There's a small outdoor entrance by a bar stand in the area that is adjacent to Starring Rolls. We lined up just a little before noon (when they open) and still were able to snag a table when they opened. We were able to order off both the lounge menu and the main restaurant menu. It is outdoor seating, but the tables have large umbrellas and it's great for people watching.

EDIT- We have eaten in the main restaurant- it's just been some time since we've gone that route.
Thank you!

epcotisbest

Now for our 2 days in DHS. We'll either need to find 2 or 3 qs places depending if we decide to do 1 or 2 sit down meals. We're not looking to hop but would be willing to go to a nearby resort. THNX
Just a quick walk or boat ride for a nice break is Kimonos at The Swan. Really good sushi and I remember seeing veggie rolls on the menu the last time we were there in Sept. They also have a delicious salad with extremely flavorful ginger dressing. Can't vouch for those veggie sushi rolls, but I gobbled up the salad and several different seafood sushi rolls. I remember thinking, "Who in the world would want a vegetable roll?" Perhaps you and your DS while the other two have some good stuff!

belledream

Honestly, we were impressed with ABC last year. The surf & turf burger/fish and chips were decent, but they had really good chicken or salmon salads that were actually not bad. And we got the speciality cupcake (Carrot cake Olaf) as a dessert instead of those not-so-great little pudding/cake cup thingies.

littleroo

HBD is a must for us every trip. I have never eaten at the walk in lounge. That is something I am certainly willing to try. I would take a boat ride over to the boardwalk. There are plenty of options for everyone in your party there! Plus it would not be too time consuming!

Kingoglow

I do not like QS at Studios either. We always end up at ABC Commissary and the food is just gross.

For Studios, we get in and hit RnR, ToT and TSMM and just leave for lunch. We find something else to do that afternoon.

WDW_Jon

Boardwalk? Great hotdogs at one of the carts!

Garden grove at the swan early evening has a great buffet and often a walk up place... You also get chip and dale, Pluto and on select nights Goofy in there...

Flyersgirl17

we hated pizza planet! the food was burned and was not that great. We had lunch at the backlot express lounge and it was really good. We did both the sci-fi and the 50's prime time. LOVED 50's prime time. The pot roast was the best thing i've eaten in any of the parks. the portions were huge. Sci-fi was just ok. The fried pickles were great but that was it. I think it was more about the set up that the kids liked.

Bugz

We stay at Caribbean and the food there is very good many options also !

EvilQueen-T

When we do a sit down on our dhs days we head over to the boardwalk area which for us includes all the resorts in that area. Inside the park for table service we like HBD the best of the options. Mamma Melrose has been fair depending on what's ordered. Sci Fi and 50s ptc are fun for the atmosphere but we feel like the food is just ok. QS we tend to share a sandwich at Starring Rolls.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom