The Orville - Hulu

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Original Poster
The Orville, Seth McFarlane's sci-fi homage to Star Trek, premiere's Season 3 March 10th 2022 on Hulu.

Originally on Fox broadcast stations, Season 1 and 2 were reviewed pretty well and received pretty good ratings overall.

Season 3 should be a good watch with an increased production budget now that its on Hulu.

doctornick

Meh and absolutely no!! It is a decent show at best.

I have only watched some episodes over time, but I found that sometimes it was really serious scifi with heavy subjects and other times felt more like a lighthearted comedy or even a parody of Trek. The tonal shifts made it difficult to fully appreciate.

Did season 2 improve on this? I think I mostly only watched stuff in the first season.

Prince-1

I have only watched some episodes over time, but I found that sometimes it was really serious scifi with heavy subjects and other times felt more like a lighthearted comedy or even a parody of Trek. The tonal shifts made it difficult to fully appreciate.

Did season 2 improve on this? I think I mostly only watched stuff in the first season.

I found season 2 the same as season 1. And I agree that Seth MacFarlane doesn't seem to know what he wants his show to be???

mf1972

it’s 1 of the oddest shows i’ve seen in awhile. sometimes it’s serious, sometimes it’s a comedy. as far as the characters, i preferred the 1st security officer over the current one.

Last edited:

Diamond Dot

The Orville, Seth McFarlane's sci-fi homage to Star Trek, premiere's Season 3 March 10th 2022 on Hulu.

Originally on Fox broadcast stations, Season 1 and 2 were reviewed pretty well and received pretty good ratings overall.

Season 3 should be a good watch with an increased production budget now that its on Hulu.

I liked the first season, but, I felt like the second season had too many agendas. I'm a huge fan of seth McFarlane, that guy is one of the best singers going, I liked the first season of The Orville as it really felt like an homage to the SciFi series I watched as a child.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Original Poster

I found season 2 the same as season 1. And I agree that Seth MacFarlane doesn't seem to know what he wants his show to be???
Its a reflection of life, not all moments have to be serious nor do all moments have to be comedic. The best shows in my opinion are the ones that take that to heart and run with it.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Original Poster
I liked the first season, but, I felt like the second season had too many agendas. I'm a huge fan of seth McFarlane, that guy is one of the best singers going, I liked the first season of The Orville as it really felt like an homage to the SciFi series I watched as a child.
Hope you watch Season 3 when it comes out, its suppose to a bigger production now they have moved to Hulu (Star outside the US).

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Original Poster
since it hasn’t returned yet, i forgot what happened at the end of season 2
Kelly messes up the timeline by not accepting Ed's 2nd date due to original mind wipe not working, Ed doesn't make captain, the Kaylon invasion happened sooner and isn't stopped by the Orville and the rest of the fleet, they find the Orville at the bottom of the ocean on Earth as it never left the planet, they replicate the original time travel experiment that Lamar and Isaac worked on, send Dr Finn back to complete the original mind wipe, time line appears to be restored as Dr Finn disappears and Kelly accepts Ed's 2nd date.

Prince-1

Its a reflection of life, not all moments have to be serious nor do all moments have to be comedic. The best shows in my opinion are the ones that take that to heart and run with it.

That's fine but the tone is all over the place. The show is good but that's about it.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Original Poster
That's fine but the tone is all over the place. The show is good but that's about it.
I appreciate the fact that its not one specific tone all the time. That it can be all things tonally while still being Sci-Fi. Again this to me is a reflection of real life, as we're not all one tone all the time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom