Pre-Trip The one where we have been discussing dining

Our trip to WDW is scheduled for Thanksgiving break. I've bought some items--couple of light backpacks, raincoats (does it rain in FL in November?), WDW travel guides. Now I'm researching luggage since I realized that 2 adults, 1 tween and 1 child need more than 2 medium suitcases. Anyhow, these are just details.

Let's talk about dining at Disney! We made the decision that we should not do the Dining Plan--it just doesn't work with our lifestyle and approach to food. But we do love food!

At the end of May I need to do all my dining reservations. I've done all my research--vegetarian options for me, good drinks and meat for the husband, gluten free for my son, and a kids menu for the little one. And then I started reviewing our choices:

- We will be doing room service for breakfast every morning. It is the way we like to start the day, plus my family is hungry by 6:30 am and room service might deliver earlier than when restaurants are open.
- For lunch we want to snack around the world while at Epcot, and grab anything we can find while at MK. I did tell my family that we have to go to Pinnochio Village Haus. I have fond memories of having lunch with my grandma there when I was 5 years old. Also, my brother got lost at MK one year and the CM who found him brought him there since Pinnochio was his favorite character, and we found him very happy eating French fries without realizing he was ever lost.
- For dinner?!! So many choices. We live in NYC, so we pretty much have tried every cuisine known to man. If it had a pulse, we probably ate it at one point, so I'm looking for the wow factor of the restaurant itself, and not necessarily the cuisine.

I have a short list: Cinderella's Castle, Be our Guest, Le Cellier. I know I need Plan B for each one of them in case I can't get reservations. If we need to eat dinner at 4 pm, so be it. I do hope that at least I can get Cinderella's Castle or Be our Guest---that takes care of the princess viewing request from my little one.

We are staying at the Wilderness Lodge, and they have Character Dining with Snow White, but I'm really trying to avoid it since the whole Snow White/Apple thing reminds me of the time I was 5 years old walking through the Orlando airport on my way to WDW and I choked on a red Lifesaver--the irony!! (My grandma, the one that took me to Pinnochio Village Haus, picked me up by my legs like I was toddler, hit my back hard and the lifesaver came flying out--go grandma!. May she rest in peace.) To this day I associate red lifesavers with the red apple that Snow White ate. True Story!

But anyhow, back to dining. Wish me luck. By May 31st I'll know where we will be dining!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom