The one thing you really enjoy doing(going) But get Family Resistance

MIKETFROMRI

Original Poster
Is there something you really love to do or somewhere you really like to go to BUT the DW or family always resist making it hard to do UNLESS you just go off on your own ( which I do)?
For me its the little side "shows" you encompass as you walk around. " Dapper Dan's" The dancing and singing middle of Main St.....The shows where the characters mingle and dance with the people......the little skits at HWS.....I love stopping and watching but everyone else wants to move along to whatever destination we were going to.....Even the castle shows , I love those but they rather move along and get to the rides...ERRRRRRRRRR

DfromATX

Is there something you really love to do or somewhere you really like to go to BUT the DW or family always resist making it hard to do UNLESS you just go off on your own ( which I do)?
For me its the little side "shows" you encompass as you walk around. " Dapper Dan's" The dancing and singing middle of Main St.....The shows where the characters mingle and dance with the people......the little skits at HWS.....I love stopping and watching but everyone else wants to move along to whatever destination we were going to.....Even the castle shows , I love those but they rather move along and get to the rides...ERRRRRRRRRR

Same in my family. Like you, my husband wants to stop at all the little side shows and the rest of us just want to keep going. I even have a funny picture of him standing next to the Dapper Dans while they were performing. (My husband thinks he's a comedian, but shhh don't tell him I said that.) ;)

StarWarsGirl

Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor. I think it's cute. My dad hates it. The rest of my group can do without it, though when I took my brother just us last trip to MK, he wanted to go. It was actually nice to go into the park just us. No parents to complain about spinning too fast on teacups, wondering why we insist on Dumbo...he was just willing to go with the flow. Whatever I wanted to do was fine. It was glorious. ;) Next trip will be the first trip that I'm 18, and I'm so going into the parks sans parents. They told me they really don't care as long as I do meet up with them, which I will of course.

That and we went to Disneyquest, and there was free Guitar Hero, and they only let me play one game. Heading over there first thing next trip...

Benjamin Linus

Space Mountain always takes some persuasion for the rest of the family. Not a chance my mother would go on it and my father finds it a bit too rough and violent for his tastes (despite Kraken, Hulk and Dragon challenge being absolutely fine). I imagine when I go in July it will be myself and sister going on it by ourselves. The same for Splash Mountain (my favourite ride at the Magic Kingdom)!

DfromATX

Space Mountain always takes some persuasion for the rest of the family. Not a chance my mother would go on it and my father finds it a bit too rough and violent for his tastes (despite Kraken, Hulk and Dragon challenge being absolutely fine). I imagine when I go in July it will be myself and sister going on it by ourselves. The same for Splash Mountain (my favourite ride at the Magic Kingdom)!

I don't have anything else to add to this thread. This is my first time seeing you and I wanted to tell you that Lost was my most all-time favorite show! Altho I hated Ben!

Sarah Rae

We go with the mentality that we're all going to do it, and we're all going to like it. Sometimes we'll split up and do different things (like if my parents don't want to ride the teacups 4 times in a row), but if there's something someone really wants to do, we all do it together, and no complaining allowed. It's a good system, I highly recommend it :)

That being said, I don't think my family loves Living with the Land as much as I do, but we're all doing the behind the seeds tour this trip. And I could take or leave character meets, but my brother (24 yrs) has spent the last 3 trips collecting autographs. So we all line up, I dutifully smile for a picture, and we move on. And my dad loves the Epcot fireworks (I can't even remember what it's called...reflections on something? That is how much it matters to me haha), but my mom and I don't, so our compromise is if he wants a good spot, he camps out while we do something else, and then we'll come back just before the show.

Figgy1

We go with the mentality that we're all going to do it, and we're all going to like it. Sometimes we'll split up and do different things (like if my parents don't want to ride the teacups 4 times in a row), but if there's something someone really wants to do, we all do it together, and no complaining allowed. It's a good system, I highly recommend it :)

That being said, I don't think my family loves Living with the Land as much as I do, but we're all doing the behind the seeds tour this trip. And I could take or leave character meets, but my brother (24 yrs) has spent the last 3 trips collecting autographs. So we all line up, I dutifully smile for a picture, and we move on. And my dad loves the Epcot fireworks (I can't even remember what it's called...reflections on something? That is how much it matters to me haha), but my mom and I don't, so our compromise is if he wants a good spot, he camps out while we do something else, and then we'll come back just before the show.
If you like the land you'll love behind the seeds!:)

Gonzo79

The coasters and Tower Of Terror. My wife won't do anything with a "big" drop,except BTMR. So I'm always riding Space,Splash,RNRC.Everest,and TOT alone. Of course I want to ride each of those multiple times each trip,so the wife and I work out some compromise,and I go off on my own to them.

Disneykidder

I am the only female in my house (beside my furr babies)and I really want to see the princesses and my boys say no. We skipped Little Mermaid last time as well as the B&tB show, which I really like. The trip coming up, they all promised me we can go to these. My four year old wants to see Ariel so we will be going. I am also really looking forward to going to BoG, which my boys think look cool, anyway.

PUSH

TTA. Not just once, but multiple times. I just love it!

Believe it or not, fireworks. I love Wishes and Illuminations, but my family doesn't get into fireworks very much. We've had trips where we've gone with no fireworks at all. :(

Monorail ride. They see it as a transportation-only type of thing; I see it as an attraction.

WDWRR. I love it and the narration. Once again, the family sees it as transportation.

Yeah, my family has issues. ;)

Figgy1

TTA. Not just once, but multiple times. I just love it!

Believe it or not, fireworks. I love Wishes and Illuminations, but my family doesn't get into fireworks very much. We've had trips where we've gone with no fireworks at all. :(

Monorail ride. They see it as a transportation-only type of thing; I see it as an attraction.

WDWRR. I love it and the narration. Once again, the family sees it as transportation.

Yeah, my family has issues. ;)
Big ones!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom