The New Name

Which Name is Better?

• Disney Village Marketplace

Votes: 29 32.2%
  • Downtown Disney

Votes: 61 67.8%

• Total voters

FatBoy976

I'll always refer to it as Lake Buena Vista. I like the new name, but I had to vote for the market place. What can I say, I'm a traditionalist.

Disney4648

Original Poster
Originally posted by ReDefined
Personally I think that "Disney: Downtown" is much classier than Downtown Disney. But hey, class is a Canadian thing.

I dont understand...a canadian thing?? :confused:

Luau Cove

Originally posted by Bairstow
When people hear the word "Downtown" what comes to mind is that the place is dirty, expensive, and dangerous.

I really don't think so. People know nothing in Disney World fits that description, plus many Downtown centres are really luxurious worldwide.

-->LUAU

Disney4648

Original Poster
Originally posted by Bairstow
I think "Disney Village Marketplace" was a better name because it sounds much more inviting and fun than "Downtown Disney". When people hear the word "Downtown" what comes to mind is that the place is dirty, expensive, and dangerous.

This sometimes is true. Now that Disney has changed t clubs and party areas, Downtown does sound like a more fitting name.:drevil:

bearboysnc

Downtown Disney is a "new" name?

It's just a matter of time before they re-theme it to Pooh. "The Hundred Acre Shopping District" (completely kidding)

Nineinchnailsmk

canadas up there
they think theyre very classy
go go red wings eh!

haiku

anyway, i like downtown disney, but i also think they could do something else.

maybe "the metropolis" lol

or the "mouseopolis"

just kidding, anyway, how about Disney City?

lol

tired....so...tired.....:snore:

DixieBelle97

Downtown Disney all the way. It's more catchy than the other one. Either way, it's great.

86 days to go.... :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Liver Lips

I like the sound of Disney Village Marketplace better but think Downtown Disney does a better job of encompassing both East and West sides which are very different. So I think I'm picking Downtown Disney...I think I confused myself, haha

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom