The New Mark VII Monorails???

jrriddle

Original Poster
Connor002 said:
Eh... I actually like what they have now...

Have you been keeping up with the goings on in Disneyland?
It's really putting WDW's MK to shame.
We can only hope that Florida gets this kind of attention soon.

I really like these new monorails! Even more than TDLR's ( never thought I would say that). They look more aerodynamic.

Connor002

jrriddle said:
Have you been keeping up with the goings on in Disneyland?

Eh, not really...

jrriddle said:
It's really putting WDW's MK to shame.

Well... I just happen to like the current design more than what I've just seen. Dosen't make me wrong or you right.

jrriddle

Original Poster
Connor002 said:
Eh, not really...

Well... I just happen to like the current design more than what I've just seen. Doesnt make me wrong or you right.

Hey Connor. :wave:
I think you took my post the wrong way.(Biggest problem with the internet no emotions in typing).
I didn't say anything about right or wrong.
My post was to be enthusiastic, I'm excited about all the rehabs and new attractions that Matt O is bringing to DLR. And that all the attention that DLR is getting it's really putting WDW's MK to shame. As in I wish that the powers that be in Florida would put some attention into MK. Nothing about the monorail design. I meant DL overall.
I like the current WDW monorails better than TDLR's (except for those cool Mickey windows) and as for DLR's as we all know concept drawing are a lot different than the final product.
One more thing if the new monorails do look like the concepts I think they would look better in DL because they run through Tomorrowland they should look retro-future. WDW's don't they should look more stylish and they do.

Wow! Long post!

Connor002

jrriddle said:
Hey Connor. :wave:
I think you took my post the wrong way.(Biggest problem with the internet no emotions in typing).
I didn't say anything about right or wrong.
My post was to be enthusiastic, I'm excited about all the rehabs and new attractions that Matt O is bringing to DLR. And that all the attention that DLR is getting it's really putting WDW's MK to shame. As in I wish that the powers that be in Florida would put some attention into MK. Nothing about the monorail design. I meant DL overall.
I like the current WDW monorails better than TDLR's (except for those cool Mickey windows) and as for DLR's as we all know concept drawing are a lot different than the final product.
One more thing if the new monorails do look like the concepts I think they would look better in DL because they run through Tomorrowland they should look retro-future. WDW's don't they should look more stylish and they do.

Wow! Long post!

Ah, ok. I would defiantly agree that Ouimet is doing great things over at DL.
Yes, I also agree that they would work well in DL, but part of DL's charm is that it has a retro feel to it, but WDW's have a different "feel" to it. I've also seen the TDL's monorail, and (although you have to pay for it :eek: ) I think their monorail system looks great. I'll be interested to see what the future brings to the world's monorail system, but I'll always have a place for the current ones in my heart.

jrriddle

Original Poster
Connor002 said:
, but I'll always have a place for the current ones in my heart.

Ditto.
My fondest memory when I was 8 was in the Contemporary, waiting for our room and watching the monorail glide through the lobby.
Needless to say I was blown away.

Connor002

jrriddle said:
Ditto.
My fondest memory when I was 8 was in the Contemporary, waiting for our room and watching the monorail glide through the lobby.
Needless to say I was blown away.

Even more-so for me. If I'm correct (the Mark VIs were installed in 1991, right?) these are the only monorails I've even known.

mpaul32001

What will happen to the current ones? will the stripes be painted a different color and then be shipped off to WDW or some other disney resort? or suffer the same fate as those Los Angelos ones did....:dazzle:

nsxdrift_89

The Mark V can't be used at WDW, the sizes are entirely different. The Mark V is situated on avery narrow track, while the Mark VI is located on a wider, more up-to-date, track.

So, unless DLP wants a new monorail system, the old trains will probably be scrapped. However, I might be wrong considering that Monorail Orange was taken to WDI in Glendale and was completely stripped.

Could someone explain to me, I forgot, I thought they were going to be completely new trains, but I also heard that they might have been chasis up re-builds.

Thanks

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
jrriddle said:
...they should look retro-future.

I think my brain just exploded! :lol:

I realize perfectly what you meant, but "retro-future" just caught my eye as the ulimate oxymoron. Thanks, I needed that! :lol:

jrriddle

Original Poster
MontyMon said:
I think my brain just exploded! :lol:

I realize perfectly what you meant, but "retro-future" just caught my eye as the ulimate oxymoron. Thanks, I needed that! :lol:

I've read that term elsewhere and it just stuck in my head (describing WDW's Tommorowland I think), but I'm glad you liked it.:D
I guess "Googie" or even "Jetson's Like" was the term I was looking for.

boo52

The Mark VII's will be the Mark V's refurbished which are really the Mark III's after they were refurbished in 1987. They stripped they down and use the chassis. As for the Mark VI's they came online at WDW from 1989 -91. With Blue and Gold being the first two delivered.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom