Trip Report The Never-Ending Summer Of Disney *COMPLETED*

Seriously?!!

Can you believe it??

BC7AE996-5BB5-4770-9C10-F20CE1197633.jpeg

This is jaw-dropping news!!

If only.

Two things in life give me the blues ~ the end of summer and the end of a Disney vacation. A never-ending summer of Disney would be a dream come true! But I am certainly happy to “settle” for a WDW vacay in June....in July....and in August. 😊And rather than write three separate trip reports (and annoy @amjt660 when my *COMPLETED* report really isn’t 😉) I decided to take @Rista1313 ’s suggestion and post an ongoing travelogue, à la @blgauger style.

So let’s get started!

Vacation #1
June 16-24, 2018
Tuvalu, Woody and Em get pampered at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge

Was there rain? Any snarky Cast Members? Ridiculous guest behavior? A Magic meet-up? How many times did we watch Happily Ever After?

You’ll have to follow along to find out.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Tuvalette has gotten so big!
I love the ball gown length on Tuvalette's dress! (Can the kid even walk in that without tripping?!) :hilarious:

The contrast in your comments regarding Tuvalette’s size amused me. 😂 @LadyBelle she is a full-fledged toddler quickly approaching her 2nd birthday. @MinnieM123 the Cindy dress was a bit big/long, something I would have fixed had I been asked for advice.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Thanks again for an always entertaining adventure! It was fun seeing you guys for 3 minutes in July. Maybe we'll be able to hang out for ten or fifteen in December - I'll be in touch!
30 days till I head back down again myself... :geek:
Happy Thanksgiving!
Happy Turkey Day To You! 🦃 It would be fun if we can arrange a meet next month.

As always I loved reading your tripreports!
Hope the next one is just around the corner!
Thanks, Sabrina. It won’t be too long until my next one... 😬

I haven’t the foggiest idea what a wild garlic plant looks like. 🤔

And that is why breaks are so important ~ kids under 5 can’t be expected to be park commandos.
However, I took my three to WDW every year when they were littles. Stroller usage (an umbrella stroller no less) ceased at age 4. Rule was if you were too tired to walk, mom or dad would take you back to the hotel. Funny thing....we never had to do that. But we took breaks while in the parks (to eat, snack or just sit for a few minutes) and never did rope drop to close without a couple hours of pool time mid-day.
Not to mention my kids would have been MORTIFIED to ride in a stroller once they were past kindergarten.
3 days before our last trip to WDW, my teenage DD sprained her ankle at practice. No way she could walk 5-7 miles each day in a boot or crutches, so I reserved a wheelchair for her. SHE ... HATED ... IT. (she's the teenager trying to ignore the other hundred teens walking by)
300 cheerleaders.jpg

(But my wife appreciated it after a few hours in epcot) We ditched the chair after 3 days and daughter was fine by that point.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
3 days before our last trip to WDW, my teenage DD sprained her ankle at practice. No way she could walk 5-7 miles each day in a boot or crutches, so I reserved a wheelchair for her. SHE ... HATED ... IT. (she's the teenager trying to ignore the other hundred teens walking by)View attachment 325401
(But my wife appreciated it after a few hours in epcot) We ditched the chair after 3 days and daughter was fine by that point.
What a classic shot! :joyfull:

surfsupdon

I just read that you love Big Thunder at night and always request the back seat. My mom and dad taught my sister and I this back in the mid 80s and it is the ONLY way we ride. #ThunderBacks

The memories we have as a family on this ride, and with friends, are truly some of the best. Nice reports, thanks for sharing. Although I am only at the WL part. Ha!

Big Thunder Mountain RR is the best!!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Tuvalette (or should I say, TWOvaltette?) :joyfull: is now two years old!! Tuvaleen will be there in no time at all, as well. Looks like a fun party for the gals.

Your livingroom bookcases remind me of the house I grew up in. My parents also had shelves full of books. (I probably read one in all the years I lived there . . . LOL) ;) :p

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom