The Music Man

aim

Original Poster
I'm not sure if this has already been discussed or not on here yet. But I was just wondering if anyone watched the re-make of "the Music Man" on ABC a few Sundays ago? I got the chance to watch it and wasn't too thrilled with it! :cry:

BRER STITCH

I agree WDW BABE!

It was disappointing on a number of levels.

The thing I found most annoying was the filter they used over the camera lens giving everything that washed out/antique brown look. Wrong call for this film, I thought.

Also, filling the shoes of Robert Preston and Shirley Jones and Co. was a task this Director and Cast was not nearly ready for.

I expected more.....

:(

aim

Original Poster
Originally posted by Rider
Anyone know how it did ratings wise?

I was wondering the same thing.

I was very disappointed in the casting. Our school is doing the "The Music Man" this year for our musical. I am in the role as Zaneeta (the mayor's oldest daughter). And I thought the chick that played her in the new one, wasn't too great either :(

MicBat

Originally posted by WDW*babe
I was wondering the same thing.

I was very disappointed in the casting. Our school is doing the "The Music Man" this year for our musical. I am in the role as Zaneeta (the mayor's oldest daughter). And I thought the chick that played her in the new one, wasn't too great either :(

We did it last year for our school's fall performance... my girlfriend at the time, actually, played Zaneeta and I was just part of the chorus... As for the Disney version of the film, I thought it was alright... I'm not really a huge a fan of the story (it bores me) but they could have done better with some of the musical numbers... It was good, but I prefer Cinderella with Brandy over this one

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom