The Magic Universe

UndrcvrImaginer

Original Poster
I was bored so i came up with this sorta new idea for a Mega Disney Park mimicing the magic kingdom/disneyland. It would be named, as you guessed, the Magic Universe and would consist of the same "lands" as Disneyland (with the exception of a new one, that i will reveal later) and will consist of both new rides and the same old disney classic rides. The old rides would be totally updated with the latest 21st century technology to make them an even better experience. here is a rough draft of my park. All comments welcome please
icon_lol.gif

Main Street U.S.A:
A turn of the 20th century land similar to the one's present in Disneyland. I want this land, along with its numerous stores, to be a "museum" of sort displaying scenes and props from the 1920-1940's. People can walk around and enter the "sets or displays" and look around and feel as if they traveled back in time.

The Main Street Cinema: featuring Walt Disney: One Man's Dream
This is will be a typical cinema out of the 1920's. It will feature three theaters that will be running feature presentations continuously throughout the day. The main theater will house the main feature; Walt Disney: One Man's Dream. This will be a documentary of sort featuring the life and time's of Walt and the rise of the Disney empire. The second theater will feature Steamboat Willy, a disney First classic. The third theater will have a different running disney feature film every month (i.e sleeping beauty or snow white etc.). In the main lobby of the cinema there will be a concession stand in the center and then all around on the walls will be authentic disney memorabilia, a museum of sort with original disney artwork from their feature films as well as props and even old animatronics.

The Main Street Magical Moments Broadway Theater:
featuring: Mary Poppins, a Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious musical.

The Main Street Penny Arcade:
featuring games of skills from both then and now. Silent movies can also be seen here as well as have your fortune read by Madame Assurald.

The Magic Universe Railroad:

Adventureland:

The Jungle Cruise
This would be more or less the same theme as the current jungle cruise but i'd add a more adventuristic theme to the ride. The ride would start as the normal jungle cruise "tour" where guests would observe animals in their natural habitats, but i would make more interaction possible between the animal animatronics and the boat. For instance, i'd have one part where the boat cruises by a family of chimps, some of the chimps in the trees can actually swing by vines over the boat and actually land on the roof and hood of the boat to cross over to the other side. Also when cruising through the Hippo environment, i'd have one of the Hippo's float by and bang the side of the boat, trying to and almost tipping it over except for the tour guide doing some good manuevering to keep it from tipping and cap gunning his way through the rest of the herd, giving riders the scare of a "close call." The thrill aspect comes into play when the regular route down the river is blocked off by a Herd of Silverback gorillas who dismantled a previous safari party (sound familiar) blocking our way down the regular route and forcing us to take a "wrong turn." The result is cruising through dark dangerous Zulu tribe territory where the river turns into rapids and the boat picks up tremendous speed, dodging Zulu headhunters who throw spears at the boat and richocheting nonstop into waterfalls, drenching some riders. The only way to escape capture is down an immense waterfall, taking a chapter out of splash mountain

Tarzan's Tree House
Come see where Tarzan lives and play and swing in his "jungle gym" high above adventureland

Indiana Jones Adventure: Curse of the Temple of Doom
I'd keep this ride the way it is, i think it's a real solid attraction. Again i'd like to add some extra "detail" to the ride such as when crossing the bridge over the lava, i'd have the bridge slowly start to break apart and sections you've just driven over collapse into the lava underneathe as you zoom across it in your jeep, just barely escaping disaster. Also when you encounter the bugs, i'd take a page out of Universal's Mummy ride and have metal nozzles built in the jeeps underneathe your ankles that spray out spurts of air making you feel as if bugs are really crawling all over your feet. I'd also like to see a more realistic giant snake (via computer technology) that when it lunges at riders, the jeep takes a quick downward dip to escape and at that point the snake would snap its jaw, trying to bite your head off and you barely escape. Finally when you dodge the giant ball, i'd make it a rollercoaster like freefall where the walls around you are all exploding and comming apart since the who temple is exploding and comming apart as you escape.

Disney's Dinosaur: Land of the Lost
This is disney's answer to Universal's Jurassic Park. An outdoor jeep safari through dinosaur land that unexpectingly goes wrong. Again with futuristic computer technology, giant sized dinosaurs will be walking and grazing right next to riders. One aspect of the ride would be crossing a lake over a massive tree log "bridge" thats actually laying ovver and contacting the water and reaching from shore to shore. As you cross, originally submerged underwater Brontosaurus's suddenly emerge from under water to magestically stare at you as you pass through them. The adventure? How about getting chased by a giant hungry T-rex just like in the Jurassic park flicks.

Expedition Everest
Havent been on this ride yet (Its in WDW). But i guess it fits well with the theme of this land. Journey through Mt. Everest to discover it's secrets and what lurks within it's icey secret lairs.

The Congo River Rapids: Wrath of the Gods
Same concept as Grizzley River run in Cali. Adventures but with a more jungle theme. Circular rafts zip down fast murky rapids and journey into dark caves full of Python Snakes and Alligators as well as journey in lost Abandoned temples filled with statues, altars and corpses sacraficied to the gods. Getting totally drenched under waterfalls and going down several drops are to be expected as you speed and twist and turn your way to escape the wrath of the Gods

Festival of the Lion King
This land's featured entertainment parade

New Orleans Square:

Pirate's of the Carribean: Dead Man's Chest
A disney classic i wouldnt want to mess with too much. I'd make the first dip a lot more dramatic though. It would be faster and about a few seconds longer. Also, You'd dip straight into the mouth of a massive hologram screaming skull to start the adventure. The canonfire would be upgraded to be more intense and louder. I'd incorporate virtual cannonballs to actually fly out and whiz past the heads of riders and either explode nearby in water, slightly tipping the boats or impacting and exploding, with fire and all, against an oppossing british naval ship thats trying to capture the pirate ship. The plot of the ride would be Barbosa and his men would make an appearance as the lead villians in the ride, trying to capture the rider's soul to pay their debt to Davey Crocket. Along the way you will encounter the Black Pearl, the Flying Dutchman and her crew as well as sail and dodge the tentacles of the Kraken. Sparrow and his friends of course appear to save the day, allowing you to escape and him to have his treasure: the Black Pearl with the Dead Man's Chest.

Pirate Cove
This would be a man made beach, situated next to POTC in which a life sized Black Pearl (i'd transform the Sailing ship Columbia into the Black Pearl) is docked in harbor. Guests can board the ship, where there would be actual pirate crew members "sailing" it, and "fire" canons that shoot out water. The ship would remain stationary except for about twice a day, it will be closed off to the public and the pirates, who are stunt men, will sail it to the middle of the water and put on a pirate stunt show for guests who are watching from the beach. And who else but Captain Jack Sparrow himself would be the star. Also, on the beach would be one of the Park's premeire restaraunts: le goût du sud (taste of the south).

The Haunted Mansion
The same southern style mansion seen in Disneyland, going with the Southern theme of the land. A major Disney classic, i wouldnt wanna change it much and upset the diehard fans:) I would however make the walk through/que part of the attraction longer with more detail such hologram ghosts floating through the crowd and such. Otherwise i wouldnt change anything around, besides maybe placing a few live actors throughout the ride to make it just a bit more suspensful and fightening for the guests.

Tomorrow Land

Mission Space: Alien Encounter
Taking 2 rides from WDW and combinging them together to create the ultimate motion simulator attraction. I would have the same basic setup as mission:space in Epcot. Not more than 8-10 people would be in their "spacecraft" with each person designated a role (captain, engineer etc.).The simulator would mimic actual rocket propelled takeoff into outerspace. Once in outspace i would have a segment where gravity is lost and passengers are briefly floating off their seats (they would be strapped in, but would feel thesensation of floating and raise off their seats just a few inches before gravity is re-established). They would then cruise through space at various speeds until reaching planet Mars, where their missionis is to encounter and successfuly eliminate the ALien invasion of planet earth. Along the way aliens attempt to invade and break into the ship, only to be zapped off. The final climax is to drop a futuristic type of bomb onto the main enemy spacecraft and zoom back to earth at warp speed, landing safely as everything explodes behind you.

Space Mountain
Same version as the one in Disneyland but passengers in this park wear 3-D glasses as they ride through a meteroite shower, stars and blackholes. No flips or inverses on this coaster just good ole speed and tight turns in complete darkness.

International Autopia Speedway
Over 2 miles of track, riders get to choose to sit in either 2 seater sports cars or if the family wants to stick together 4-5 seater jeeps. RIders drive through several different "countries" from all over the world, marveling at famous world sights like the Pyramids in egypt and the Eifel tower in France. Each "country" would have its own authentic feeling as well. In egypt,for instance, riders will travel with sands surrounding them, animatronics of camels passing them by, and crossing a bridge over the river nile with the pyramids nearby to cross into a different country, London for instance, where sand turns into cobblestoned streets and Big Ben rings out loud next to you (and this continues until you venture through france, china, italy, mexico, and many more countires). This would still be an outdoor ride as well

Buzz Lightyear AstroBlasters
Same exact ride as in Disneyland

Journey to the Lost Empire of Atlantis
If you forgot, Disney did come out with a movie on Atlantis back in 2001. Anyway, this would be an underwater submarine ride with Milo (the movie's protagonist) as your guide. Passengers board actual life-sized submarines and go a few feet underwater, just like the old submarine ride in disney. Milo has a lost Viking map leading to the lost underground city,along the way he leads the submarine and it's crew through dangerous depths filled with erupting underwater volcanoes and eerie sea creatures including mysterious mermaids. The submarine eventually reaches the gates of Atlantis, letting you enter the city and marvel at its sights and glory. Giant sea monsters, however, are encountered as they guard the city from intruders, and the submarine must out manuver them and use its torpedos to escape disaster on the journey back home. Within the submarine there is a giant screen where Milo appears to be the "narrator" of your journey, but all the action occurs outside in the actual water with passengers looking out their individual windows to view the animatronics and statues as well the video/3-d appearance of the sea monsters chasing and battling the submarine

Stitch's Great Escape
This is NBOT the ride you think it is from WDW. I just gave them same title to my park's freefall ride. Erase the "tower of terror" title and theme and add a stitch theme with a short pre-show at the top that has stitch trying to evade Agent Pleakley and Captain Gantu and ends with passengers droping a couple of 100 feet at the end of the show. passengers board a circular theater at the bttom that rises to the top of a tower as the pre-show runs. When the pre-show ends, the floor immediatley opens and the seats in the theater drop straight down in the open while the remainder of the theater remains high ontop only to lower itself and "re-connect" with the seats again at the bottom for the next set of riders.

Astro Orbitor
Same ride as in WDW

Villian's Lair

Obviously this is a land/concept that several of us have imagined/thought about many times. This part of my park will be geared towards the teens and adults. This land will actually be "indoors" in a mega cave-like structure as opposed to the rest of the open air park. The reason y i want it indoors is to make the "roof" painted as a dark dreery sky filled with dark clouds and actual flashes of lightning accompanied by roars of thunder. The sun never shines in my Villian's Lair. There is only one entrance to Villian's lair and that is through the enchanted Fantasyland forrest. I know i havent touched upon my fantasyland yet, but towards the back of it, there will be a man made forrest that guests can walk through and admire the scenary. The farther back you walk though, the darker it gets until you eventually reach a large cavelike entrance, guarded by two firelite torches on either side, that leads you into Villian's lair. The only characters in Villian's lair are, as you guessed it, Disney Villians, and no one else.

Chernabog's Revenge
IF you dont know, Chernabog is that giant devilish character from fantasia. I would make this Disney's first real roller coaster. As a matter of fact, it would be a dual track coaster, each seperate track having its own seperate trains (just like universal's island of adventure's dueling dragons). My twist on this: Half of the ride is underground. Both trains would eventually dip into a fog/mist covered hole in the ground where they encounter a giant animatronic of Chernabog surrounded by explosions, fire and water. The trains would "duel" one another with near misses, riding around the Chernabog centerpiece until finally reaching the surface again above ground.

The Evil Queen's Castle
This is the centerpiece of Villian's Lair. Picture a dark grotesque mountain-like Volcanoe and in the middle of it, embedded in the stone and rocks is a dark fortress like castle, home of the Evil Queen and Rivaling my fantasyland castle (which shall be named later). The volcanoe erupts every hour in a "vegas like production" similar to the Mirage hotel, with the evil laughter of the Queen heard loudly throughout the land during the eruption. Inside is a dark ride, chronicling the story of the queen herself and her rise to evil.

Jafar's Flying carpets
Remember dumbo the flying elephant? well replace elephants with carpets that dont just go up and down but also individually circle around as they go in circles

The Legend of Sleepy Hallow
A hair raising encounter with the headless horseman in the form of a dark ride indoor rollercoaster with no flips (kinda like space mountain). Somehow and someway, with future technology, i'd have the tracks on fire as you zoom across them

Ursula's Return to the Sea
An indoor dark ride over water depicting Ursula's, from the little mermaid, rampage. It would be a combination of animatronics and the "mist" technoloy they use in POTC to display the action around riders. With the mist technology, i would display a talking and moving Ursula, trying to destroy the riders by firing mist-like colored laser beams at them with accompanying minor explosions and water splashes. The finale would mimic splash mountain in the form of a 100 foot plus plunge into a lagoon and escaping capture.

Maleficients Vengeance
The Park's 2nd "real roller-coaster". The setting/que area for this ride would be a dungeon where Maleficient, the evil sorceress from Sleeping Beauty, has been banished in the form of her Dragon appearance. Riders walk through dark corriders where statues and portraits depict Maleficient's evil deeds before getting on the rollercoaster. This would be a stand-up roller coaster type and riders would zoom, flip, turn and dip until unloading again in the dungeon.

Ok at this point i need a major break. I'm still not done with my Villian's lair though and still have to cover fantasyland and frontierland/critter country. Hope you guys enjoyed the post so far. Comments please!!!!!

Marco42

concept sketch

I really like the ideas for Villian's Lair, I've been working on some ideas for a park devoted to the villians myself. It would be called Disney's Dark Realm and would be seperated in to several major realms as well as some smaller lands. http://www.myspacephoto.com/files/8934/DarkRealm.jpg
Please excuse the roughness of the sketch and the misspellings. :hammer:

UndrcvrImaginer

Original Poster
Hey Marco, you got a great little rough draft going for you there. I'm really interested to read about your attractions,settings, dinning options etc..if you have them available. Your park looks like i can be something great. Would love to hear more if you dont mind

Marco42

Disney's Dark Realm concept

Hey, thanks for the interest. I’ll try and layout my ideas in a consistent manner as possible. Please e-mail me for any clarifications.

Disney’s Dark Realm would be composed of seven primary realms.
In clock wise order
Halloween Town – entrance to park
Future Realm – world of tomorrow
Ancient Realm – ancient history come alive
Mysterious Island – Jules Verne adventures
Never Never Land – home of Peter Pan and Captain Hook
Primordial Realm – Dinosaurs
Looney Lagoon – a cacophony of chaos

The basic story behind Disney’s Dark Realm is really very simple, the villains need a place to live. This park would tell their stories, but still use heroes from Disney lore to emphasize Good over Evil.
The park would be aimed mainly at teen and early twenty somethings, while still maintaining a family atmosphere. I think as the American consumer grows older, Disney amusement parks should strive to cater to this maturing market, yet still infuse its’ entertainment with a sense of wonder and magic.
Dark Realm would use Disney characters and story lines only as a starting point, and would expand on those themes with original stories and visuals. I envision Disney’s Dark Realm being the first Disney amusement park of the new Millennium using state of the art special effects and only the highest design standards to completely immerse the guest in a fantasy atmosphere.

To be continued…

Marco42

Disney's Dark Realm description

Physically the park would be shaped like a shallow bowl with its sides gently curving upwards at the edges with a landscaped berm and architectural elements ringing the entire park. This would accomplish three things. First it would enhance the landscape of the park, second it would completely immerse the guest in the experience of the park by blocking outside visual elements, and thirdly it would provide a measure of security.
Located south-east of Disneyland on property currently owned by Disney, Dark Realm would mirror Disneyland somewhat, so that guests would face south as they entered at the north end of the property. Although the area of the property appears to be roughly the size of Disneyland, additional property would need to purchased to provide behind the scene support and maintenance. Additionally, side streets adjacent to the property would need to be relocated below grade.
Guest would arrive to the park by way of an expanded monorail system and deposited in a transportation plaza at the north end of the property. Here they would purchase tickets, use restrooms, and check bags.

The first themed area they would encounter upon entering the park would be Halloween Town. This area would serve much the same function as Main Street in Disneyland providing guests places to eat, shop, as well as explore the many wandering side streets and alleys. Halloween Town would take its cue from Tim Burton’s many films and his artwork as well as reference Diagon alley from the Harry Potter series.
Some of the attractions would include:
Halloween Town’s Transportation Station – where guests could travel to all parts of the park via the Twilight Trolley.
Jack’s house
Mad Scientist Lab
Mr. Oogie Boogie’s Arcade
Magic Shop
Museum of Unnatural History
Monsters Inc.
Harryhausen’s Sushi Bar

Architecturally the style of the facades would blend turn of the century London with 18th century New York City, as well as elements of Art Nuevo at the south end of Halloween Town. The color scheme would enhance the creepy kinetic atmosphere by utilizing muted blues and grays accented with neon blues, purples, and greens.

Marco42

Disney's Dark Realm description

As guests leave Halloween Town they would enter the Central Plaza, a large oval shaped area which would connect to Future Realm on their left and Looney Lagoon to their right. This area would give guests an area to relax and provide a central area to meet.

Located directly ahead is MALEFICENT ‘s castle. Twice the height of Disneyland’s castle it would serve as DDR's main icon. During the day it would derive most of its interest from its intricately detailed High Gothic ornamentation and at night would be illuminated by millions of LEDs flashing elaborate patterns over its entire surface. It would also house a restaurant and loading zone for Fire Mountain located behind it.

To the left of the central plaza lies Future Realm, an ode to the futuristic visions of the 50’s. It would take most of its visual style from such films as Forbidden Planet and This Island Earth, but would juxtapose the futurist clean lines with surrealistic alien like motifs ( think H. R. Giger without the ick factor ) to give it a contemporary edge.
The whole of Future Realm would surround a multi-terraced lagoon and at the entrance would stand the Aquasphere flanked by two monolithic animated statues in a quasi art deco meets gundum style. The Aquasphere would house the loading zone and pre-show for Quest for Atlantis and also educate visitors about ocean life.
North of the Aquasphere is Escape from the Black Hole, essentially a re-worked Space Mountain, guests would explore the ghost ship Cygnus then ride a suspended roller coaster over a black hole. Further on would be attractions such as Mars Attacks, Alien Encounters, and Star Tours: Escape from Hoth. Hovering to the south of the Aquasphere would be a large saucer shaped building that would house a rotating restaurant that would provide views of the south-west portion of the park and the nightly laser light/water show.

UndrcvrImaginer

Original Poster
Gee guys, with all the work i put in creating this park i'd appreciate just a few more comments before posting the rest of my park:brick: ....help a guy out here:hammer:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom