The Magic Kingdom in Minecraft

ChristianG

Original Poster
Hey, everyone! Starting in July 2015, I've been building a Magic Kingdom in the popular game called Minecraft. The game has a weird reputation but I really don't play it for anything but building architectural marvels (that's what I like to call them, anyways.) I've been using sites such as Google, Youtube, and the wonderful WDWMagic for reference pictures since I, unfortunately, haven't stepped foot in the parks in six years, so things MAY be a bit off, but I've spent a LOT of time making sure the majority of it is accurate. So, if you're still interested, I have a series of pics (that I will split up into different spoilers so it's not all over the place) I'd like to show you. Right now I've only made it up to the entrance area of Adventureland, so obviously this is a MAJOR WIP. Enjoy!

2.png

An overview of the entrance plaza. Note: the trees on both sides are there because I didn't want to build the bus stops and monorail stations, but I didn't want there to be an ugly cutoff.

3.png
4.png

5.png

6.png

7.png

8.png

9.png

10.png
12.png

13.png

14.png

15.png

16.png

17.png

18.png

19.png

20.png

21.png

22.png

More in the next post!

ChristianG

Original Poster
23.png

The hub is obviously still a WIP. I want to wait until I get to a land before I build its bridge. I'm terrible with planning ahead so I prefer to work in the moment, haha. This took me like three or four months to do. You can blame it partly on my poor work ethic, but curves in Minecraft are also the worst. Also it's super annoying to follow the shapes of paths, moats, etc. using nearmap. I had to constantly look back and forth to make sure the smallest of curves were accurate.

24.png

25.png

26.png

27.png

Ever wanted to perform on the stage?
28.png

29.png

30.png

31.png

32.png

33.png

This is where I left off. This area in particular is going to be annoying to build. I'm cringing at thought of trying to find good reference pictures of the Swiss Family Treehouse :hungover:
34.png

I always like spotting the castle from various locations in the park.

35.png

36.png

38.png

The view from the control turrets.

39.png

40.png

41.png

42.png

Inside the tallest tower.

43.png

A better view from the top.

Well, that's it for now! If any of you know of/have any good reference pics that I can use, I'd really appreciate seeing them!

Thanks!

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
Have you ever seen the server mcmagic.us? It's basically a Minecraft version of Walt Disney World minus many of the resorts and water parks.

ChristianG

Original Poster
I guess that's what inspired you then, huh?
A little bit, but then a little bit not. Before this and before mcmagic went public I built a (much worse and much smaller) Magic Kingdom. Last summer I was going through all of my old files and found it and decided to make a better version.

jrogue

Holy cow!! I've played Minecraft before so I know how time intensive and how hard it is to get some things to turn out the way you want. This is absolutely amazing!! Great job!! :)

ChristianG

Original Poster
Sorry for the late responses! Didn't realize this was still being looked at!

are you still working on this project, if you are can you release an update?
I started school back in August so I'm not CURRENTLY working on it but over the summer I'll definitely have more time!

That's great, but some people will wonder if you don't have...
View attachment 191353
I definitely did have way too much time on my hands haha (I took a gap year last year!)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom