The Legend of Atlantis

Chad

Original Poster
I'm gonna give you guys a scene by scene play of this ride here, so you'll know whats going on....It's gonna take awhile to put up...

Queue: The line for this ride will take you through temple corridors, columns, and marble walls, somewhat narrow. I'm not gonna go to in depth with the line....As you get closer, the line snakes around a large hanging crystal, It would be multisided so that the image projected on it could be viewwed from any angle as you circle around it.
A priestess would be projected on it, and she would say a different line every 3 minutes or so...

1. "We are sealed beneath the ocean..Neptune has destroyed our home, find the crystal..the sprites will guide you..."

2 "The key to our salvation is in this temple, find it and help us rebuild our city..."

3. "The sprites are here to help you, they will show you how to find us, take the crystal to them.."

You owuld enter into a large rock chamber, where the loading area is, with the big spinning platform. You would be issued your 3-d goggles and split into groupd. The boats would be oval in shape, with 3 rows of 4 seats, all facing fowards with a lap belt. On the front of each boat would be a crystal. The boats would appear to be made of wood and rope,with carvings and symbols in them...

Next scene is soon to come :)

WeirdOne

Very Nice...I think we should have a haunted mansion like stretch room in this. It just seems so appropriate in this ride. The WeirdOne :D

Chad

Original Poster
Hmmm.....maybe not a stretching room...what about a transforming room? One that completely changes after you stand in it...

The preshow would involve entering into a round room, the walls completely of stone, the door would close and a voice would speak:

"Gods of olympus, reveal to the mortals the lost temple! Take them there and help to free your greatest civilization!" the lights would shut off, the ground would shake (like the hydrolators) and fiberoptics would sparkle on the walls while fans above you blow wind all over, messin' up your hair. The room would be pitch black (except for the fiberoptics) and the walls would spin, changing the stone walls into temple columns, a waterfall, statues, etc..etc.. And a new door would open, leading you to the loading area

"Bring us the crystal...The sprites will show the way...."
A voice would beckon as you exit the preshow room....

Chad

Original Poster
Scene 2: A step to the past...

After boarding your boats, and dawning your 3-d glasses, you would ascend a moderate lift hill, no taller then the Norway one. Up ahead, at the top of the hill would be a screen that would continously project the image of three orbs of differently colored light, the sprites which would be brought to life in 3-d
Sprite 1
"You have the crystal! They have the crystal!"
Sprite 2
"Have you come to save atlantis?"
Sprite 3
"I don't think they know what Atlantis is..I mean, was.."
Sprite 2
"We should tell them! We should tell them!"
Sprite 1
"Calm my sister, We will tell them..we will show them."
The boat would then reach the top of the hill and float into a twisting river, facades of a wonderful city, tall and gloriously built with gold bricks, crystals, statues..etc

Sprite 1
Atlantis was the envy of the gods, a city of beauty and tranquility...

You would float around, statues spraying water at you as you float through the ancient river. The rapids would be light, don't want to shake you up too much, not yet anyways.

You would approach a large wall, and two large wooden doors would open, leading into the next room...

"One God, Neptune, was particularlly jealous..He was afraid that the Atlanteans would take over the ocean..So he sought to destroy the city.."

The surroundings would be pretty much the same, Facades of a great city, but now it would be in shambles, effects like the pirates of the carribean would have the buildings flaming, wind would be blowing throughout the room, and the lights would be very dim while lights flash and thunder crashes. A large screen would stretch across the far wall, and there, neptune would appear, shooting 3-d bolts of lighting out to strike the building, real flames and sparks shooting out in time with the projected stirkes. The path of the boats would be somewhate straight at this time, making slight zigzags, it would then take a sharp right turn...

"He sent a blast of Fire and lava that shot from mountain beneath the sea to swallow up the civilization...."

A real blast of fire would burst from hidden pipes just before your boat dives down a small drop....

Priestess
"But some of us managed to hide ourselves from neptune and enclosed a section of our city under the waves..."

End of scene 2

Chad

Original Poster
Yes, I play with water cannons in the next scene :)

...Priestess
"But some of us managed to hide ourselves from neptune and enclosed a section of our city under the waves..."

End of scene 2...

Scene 3: Neptune's revenge

After the drop, the boat would turn
to face a circular scene. It's kind of hard to explain, but it would be set up alot like the carousel of progress, the baots spinning around the central show, which would be screensconnceted to one another, the division between screens would be masked by a pillar or a statue...

Priestess
"If Neptune ever found this city, or the crystal, Atlantis would be destroyed forever..."

Neptune
"Well, lucky me...I happened to find both!" (Evil Laughing) "Your friend here..(pointing to the guests in the boat)...Led me straight to this hidden city, and now I can finish the job I started almost a millenia ago! And I'll start by destroying that infernal crystal!!"

The boat would turn away from the central area, and go into another dark room, where a series of screens would be. Neptune would jump out of the water, and onto the screen, then he would hurl fire at you, shooting it from his trident and Having it hit the water near you (in 3-d) then, cannons in the water would respond by ejecting real flames in time with the projected ones. Neptune would hit the water with his trident, send a torrent of real water shooting up from water cannons.
Neptune:
"Enough playing, it's time to send that pathetic crystal, and you into hades!"
The boat would start up a lift hill, headed towards another screen, this one with Neptune laughing while creating a spinning portal between his hands. Ghosts and lost souls wouls float out of the portal, giving 3-d flyby's over the guests. as you would approach the portal, the crystal on the front of your boat would start to glow...

Neptune
"What? This isn't supposed to be happening! NO!..NO!"
exclaimed in fright and surprise

The crystal would Cause neptune to be sucked into his own portal, and right before your boat would reach it, the portal would close, and a door (that was part of the screen) would open, revealing the outside to you, and a long, fun plummet would result in a splashy finale!

After the fall, you would reenter the building, to find an AA of the priestess standing there, holding a staff with a crystal ontop of it. The room around you would be dark, ruins barely visible. A single light would be illuminating the priestess. She would lower the staff to the crystal on your boat and both would glow together,
Priestess
"Your bravery has helped to save atlantis, finally we can rebuild our home!"
She would raise her hands to the air, and lights would flash as building rise from the sea, and projected buildings are rebuilt on a screen, so, in disney fashion. It would have a happy ending :) You would exit in the same place you entered, heading into a gift shop :)

Chad

Original Poster
Here's a quick layout of the ride...

Attachments

• legend of atlantis.jpg
    legend of atlantis.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 82

WeirdOne

WOW! Very nice...(Sorry can't make this long, Legendia is way behind...:().

I was hoping the Neptune battle could be alot bigger, but I'm assuming this is just a preliminary ride script etc...

The WeirdOne :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom