"The Legacy of The Parent Trap" Documentary

Herbie

Original Poster
Hi all!

Long-term poster here -- I'm sure some of you recognize the name and photo... but because of a few circumstances, I haven't been posting as much lately.

I wanted to reach out and inform you guys that I've been assisting a colleague of mine with a documentary revolving around the production and legacy of the original Parent Trap (as well as its sequels). Given that Disney isn't currently working on anything of the sort, director Aaron Pacentine has been given the approval to embark on this project. (Woo!)

logo.jpg

In other exciting news, Disney Legend Hayley Mills has agreed to participate on the basis that her appearance fee is covered -- however, her time doesn't come cheap... Aaron has teamed up with From the Heart Productions to launch an investor fund for the documentary, in the hopes that hardcore Disney fans (such as yourselves!) would be so gracious enough as to assist in helping bring this project to life. You can check out the link to invest here:

https://fromtheheartproductions.net...2-documentaries-the-legacy-of-the-parent-trap

Most likely, this will be the last time this story is told -- and we hope to make it the most comprehensive doc on the subject! A number of alumni are participating and have had interviews shot including: Joanna Barnes (the original & remake), Susan Henning (Hayley Mills' photo double), director Ron Maxwell (Parent Trap II), Tom Skerritt (Parent Trap II), Carrie Kei-Heim (Parent Trap II), and Monica Creel (Parent Trap III) among others. Disney historian Bill Cotter has also agreed to participate -- and we will be reaching out to others in the attempt to ensure this project is as thorough as possible.

JoannaBarnes.jpg

Should you choose to support, the funds will be used to cover the fees for Hayley, Barry Bostwick (Parent Trap III), Kay Cole (The Parent Trap 1961), and Patricia Richardson (Parent Trap III) among others -- as well as to cover production costs, filming at the series' various locations (San Bernardino, CA / Tampa, FL / Disney's Golden Oak Ranch), and most importantly, licensing archival material (stills, footage, music, etc.). If we fail to do so, this project will remain incomplete -- after so much work already.

If you would be so kind, please consider donating -- literally anything would help! From $20 to $5 -- literally anything.

The original Parent Trap (as well as the 1998 remake) brought so much joy to my childhood -- It has been such a treat to honor that joy by assisting with a project such as this -- to make it the BEST it can be -- but film-making isn't easy and we've still got a ways to go.

I truly hate to ask, but if you'd consider helping with the funds, we'd greatly appreciate it -- your support would honestly mean the world. If you have any questions, feel free to get in contact with me.

Thank you!!!! - Herbie

SusanHenning.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom