Pre-Trip The Last Hurrah?

DH: Whatcha doing?

BES: err... Just poking around online.

DH (looking over my shoulder): Oh trip stuff? For Star Wars?

BES: Perhaps. Trying to figure out a good week crowd wise and get the resort I want. I’m tempted to book something for now and then change if I need to.

DH: Sounds good to me. Do it.

BES: Really?

DH: Yeah. The timing doesn’t matter whether I can or can’t go so just book when you want.

BES: Ok. I can cancel or reschedule until early November but at least I have something booked for now. Just to have it.

DH: So then you have it.

BES: Exactly.

So I’m tentatively heading back to POP from Nov 11-16. 🥰

Shout out to @NessNewt for the TR title inspiration.

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Omnia mutantur, nihil interit
Premium Member
Original Poster
We had a Lyft driver from Michigan last week. She was telling us about how we should visit Mackinaw island. Made me think of your trip pics! Crazy that you guys got snow for Halloween. It was nice and warm down in Orlando last weekend, although shockingly not so much when we landed in Texas the other night! Congrats on single digits until your trip now!
The first 30 days of October were great. But the 31st- not so much.

Everyone should visit Mackinaw island... it's a beautiful place!

Yes. And the Dunes too.

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Premium Member
Original Poster
Looked at the weather for FL and home for next week to guide my packing. (Yeah. The packing I was going to do days ago but still didn’t start)

Good news/bad news-

Good news: Pretty warm and non-rainy FL weather. One day has a predicted high of 66 which isn’t ideal but way warmer than home. I can’t wait to see how FL people in 66 degrees react to a MI person in 66 degrees 😂

Bad news: Snow predicted here during my drive to the airport Monday.

Our first possible multiple inches of accumulation of the year. I’ll be driving around morning rush hour. 😐

So now planning on leaving even earlier. The only problem with that is I am working Sunday night so that means I will be decreasing my already mediocre amount of sleep Sunday night. I’m already pre-tired just thinking about it. 😴

4 days!

Rista1313

Looked at the weather for FL and home for next week to guide my packing. (Yeah. The packing I was going to do days ago but still didn’t start)

Good news/bad news-

Good news: Pretty warm and non-rainy FL weather. One day has a predicted high of 66 which isn’t ideal but way warmer than home. I can’t wait to see how FL people in 66 degrees react to a MI person in 66 degrees 😂

Bad news: Snow predicted here during my drive to the airport Monday.

View attachment 423775

Our first possible multiple inches of accumulation of the year. I’ll be driving around morning rush hour. 😐

So now planning on leaving even earlier. The only problem with that is I am working Sunday night so that means I will be decreasing my already mediocre amount of sleep Sunday night. I’m already pre-tired just thinking about it. 😴

4 days!
We won't get all that snow... you know how these MI meteorologist like to scare the crap out of us, then we get like 1 inch.

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Premium Member
Original Poster
We won't get all that snow... you know how these MI meteorologist like to scare the crap out of us, then we get like 1 inch.

So true. In fact it looks like they downgraded to only an inch here since I looked a few hours ago.

The first accumulating snow of the year tends to bring out the worst in MI drivers though. Every year they all act like they’ve never seen snow before 🤦🏻‍♀️

The whole highway just turns into Alien Swirling Saucers.

Rista1313

So true. In fact it looks like they downgraded to only an inch here since I looked a few hours ago.

The first accumulating snow of the year tends to bring out the worst in MI drivers though. Every year they all act like they’ve never seen snow before 🤦🏻‍♀️

The whole highway just turns into Alien Swirling Saucers.

Now every time I see an idiot slide off 131 or m6, I'm going to think of A**

Swissmiss

Premium Member
We have the same problem here - all the people who say « I don’t go to the mountains to ski so I don’t need snow tires ». Rain + low temps = morning black ice peeps! I commute mostly by walking or riding public transport, so I can always forgo my car in bad weather.

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Premium Member
Original Poster
Other than my morning tolietries, my bags are packed.

Left work an hour early. Just waiting for my dog to finish eating so we can all go to sleep. (She likes to wait for me sometimes when I work afternoons)

The weather predictions for tomorrow are getting worse rather than better. 😕

C078A60B-FEEC-4F6B-A2FC-BB08AF02ACC3.png

Will being leaving for the airport super early and hoping the flight doesn’t get delayed or cancelled.

Good night and see you guys in the Trip Report.

Last edited:

Rista1313

Other than my morning tolietries, my bags are packed.

Left work an hour early. Just waiting for my dog to finish eating so we can all go to sleep. (She likes to wait for me sometimes when I work afternoons)

The weather predictions for tomorrow are getting worse rather than better. 😕

View attachment 424516

Will being leaving for the airport super early and hoping the flight doesn’t get delayed or cancelled.

Good night and see you guys in the TR.

Well it's definitely snowy here... ugh... I work right near the airport... I haven't been paying attention this morning... but I'll listen for planes now to see if any are taking off.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom