The interactive pins have been released.

MrPromey

Original Poster
Just wanted to let everyone know that I saw them for sale in the parks last week. This would sort of make since because they are doing soft runs of the parades. They don't look quite as nice as I remember them looking in the preview but then again, they were in a case and not in the best of lighting where as, they are now in a plastic bubble against cardboard. In any event though, I think they are still going to be very popular!

BTW, anyone interested in taking a look at them can see them at www.dizpins.com They show them there on the main page.

disney2b

are these pins going to be out through the whole celebration, like when i go new year week. and do you know how much they each cost.

MrPromey

Original Poster
Originally posted by disney2b
are these pins going to be out through the whole celebration, like when i go new year week. and do you know how much they each cost.

Yes, they will be there for the entire event and even after the 15 month event, I'd be willing to wager that they will release pins with a new design that do the same thing. Disney has a tendency to keep things that are popular, really cost no money to maintain and can make extra money! I'm guessing that after the event we can expect to see more pins as well as other things interacting with the parades and shows.... As for the price, they are $15 each and there are a total of 5 pins. One for each park and one overall for the event. They all will work though, regardless of which park you are wearing them in.

Interactive Pins

I saw those pins on ebay, and they are gauging the prices like nobodies business. If anybody has a Paypal Id, I am willings to pay you 15 times 5 (75 dollars for all 5 pins) plus shipping (about 10 dollars) and extra 5 dollars for hooking me up. I know somebody was going to pick up pins for somebody else, so if there is anybody who visits off, I will pay you ahead of time, 90 dollars for the whole 5 set. Please let me know if anyone is interested. I would be very appreciative. If there are no takers, no problem. Thanx, William. Email at Billiam7@aol.com
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

These pins KICK A--. I have had so much fun the last few days trying to find all the places that set them off.. Some are quite tough to find and random.. Steve- Have you thought of making a list of all the locations.. I would be happy to contribute. Also, you guys can purchase them through wdw mail order at 407-363-6200.

MrPromey

Original Poster
I was at MGM today. The pins lit up when people got answers right at the kiosks under the hat. They also light up during the parade at MGM and when the person in the hot seat answers the right questions in Who Wants to be a Millionaire. That's all I noticed with it today, though I didn't have time to do a lot… I didn't stay for Fantasmic but I'm guessing that they probably do their thing for that, too… BTW, the don't just light up, they have these sequences where they sparkle and the background glows… They do a few different things depending on what's going on. You can also press them to get them to do a once over glow and sparkle.

JAY-ROD

Originally posted by MrPromey
I was at MGM today. The pins lit up when people got answers right at the kiosks under the hat. They also light up during the parade at MGM and when the person in the hot seat answers the right questions in Who Wants to be a Millionaire. That's all I noticed with it today, though I didn't have time to do a lot… I didn't stay for Fantasmic but I'm guessing that they probably do their thing for that, too… BTW, the don't just light up, they have these sequences where they sparkle and the background glows… They do a few different things depending on what's going on. You can also press them to get them to do a once over glow and sparkle.

Correct me if i'm wrong but In ur pics u took they are showing 4 pins and I thought I heard somebody say there going to be 5 pins. one for each park and one that represents the whole celebration. :veryconfu

MrPromey

Original Poster
Originally posted by JAY-ROD

Correct me if i'm wrong but In ur pics u took they are showing 4 pins and I thought I heard somebody say there going to be 5 pins. one for each park and one that represents the whole celebration. :veryconfu

Hmm.. I don't remember taking a picture of the pins. If you are looking at the kiosk pictures they have designs on them that look a lot like the 4 park pins which light up but they are not the pins. There are in fact, 5 pins. One for each park with the 100 year logo on it and then one with just the 100 year logo...

chellnjr

AHHHHHHH!

I can't believe that I completely forgot about the pins. Somewhere between here and Florida I lost all of my mental notes. Last night I realized that I forgot to look for hidden Mickey's. I guess I'll have to try to remember to get some pins at Christmas! I can't believe I forgot that. I guess I was just too excited. :brick:

Disneynut

The pins are fantastic. They light up at some of the best times. According to a Cast Member -- When you are near to a place with some additional magic. The best one that I saw, is at the Haunted Mansion with the hitchiking ghosts.

cindy-rella

Don't forget to use the Disney Super Pin Collector Certificate to get a free Internet-Exclusive Collectible Pin when you purchase a Disney Magical Moment Pin. I got my certificate by logging on to www.disney.com and going to the 100 year celebration ad. You collect virtual pins and then you get to print out a certificate after collecting all of them. It's a neat certificate. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom