The Guns are back!

cherrynegra

FamilyMan said:
As for the teacups, it seems there were some issues with the safety of the teacups, and they were adjusted so you'd need Hulk Hogan to spin them at all. The tension is so great that it's almost impossible to get them to spin. (over at Disneyland anyway)

YES!! THIS IS SOOOOO TRUE!! Just returned from a spur of the moment trip to DL this weekend and I can definitely confirm that spinning the cups is rediculously hard now. I'm a pretty big guy with strong arms, but I was actually winded in the middle of the spin because it was so hard to spin them. I almost gave up if it weren't for my niece screaming at me, "DON'T MAKE US LOOK LIKE LOSERS UNCLE!! SPIN THE CUP!!" :lol:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
cherrynegra said:
YES!! THIS IS SOOOOO TRUE!! Just returned from a spur of the moment trip to DL this weekend and I can definitely confirm that spinning the cups is rediculously hard now. I'm a pretty big guy with strong arms, but I was actually winded in the middle of the spin because it was so hard to spin them. I almost gave up if it weren't for my niece screaming at me, "DON'T MAKE US LOOK LIKE LOSERS UNCLE!! SPIN THE CUP!!" :lol:

ahhhhh......the things we will do for children.............

ToTBellHop

I have never understood these PC people...it seems rather Orwellian to take an attraction that explores history and manipulate it to agree with present day values. If children are old enough to know what prostitution is, I doubt a ride on Pirates will hurt them mentally, and if they are too young to understand it, then no harm is done. I'm happy to hear they are removing the rampant stupidity injected into the parks over the last decade.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
ISTCNavigator57 said:
I'm happy to hear they are removing the rampant stupidity injected into the parks over the last decade.

Well they are almost complete. The rest of it is getting removed in 2006 when a certian individual is leaving...........

ToTBellHop

One thing I don't understand is DCA...they are fixing Disneyland and making it look awesome while the new park next door continues to be hurting. Maybe in the spring once more Disneyland rides are open they can at least close Screamin' for a rehab...granted it will simply switch over to Splash Mountain and Space Mountain being closed in the spring...I just don't think Screamin can wait till January 2007 for a rehab. I'm sure it just comes down to the fact that it's Disneyland's birthday, but even a little help would go a long way at DCA.

xfkirsten

ISTCNavigator57 said:
I have never understood these PC people...it seems rather Orwellian to take an attraction that explores history and manipulate it to agree with present day values. If children are old enough to know what prostitution is, I doubt a ride on Pirates will hurt them mentally, and if they are too young to understand it, then no harm is done. I'm happy to hear they are removing the rampant stupidity injected into the parks over the last decade.

Amen to that! I've felt the same way. That's exactly how Shrek was so popular - it didn't shy away from those jokes, and so it appealed to young and old alike. If the kid was too youg to get the joke - meh, no harm done.

Censorship of history is not cool. Read: Song of the South. Huck Finn. That's the way it was back then. Why not learn it like it was, and so learn why to avoid it, rather than pretend it didn't happen?

speck76

xfkirsten said:
Censorship of history is not cool. Read: Song of the South. Huck Finn. That's the way it was back then. Why not learn it like it was, and so learn why to avoid it, rather than pretend it didn't happen?

The activists and overly-sensitive people that pushed things like the PC movement in the 90's prey on people's ignorance and stupidity.....they like to use slippery-slope logical fallacies that most people are not likely or smart enough to see through.

xfkirsten

speck76 said:
The activists and overly-sensitive people that pushed things like the PC movement in the 90's prey on people's ignorance and stupidity.....they like to use slippery-slope logical fallacies that most people are not likely or smart enough to see through.

Right... and unfortunately it's working. Everyone needs to just cowboy up and stop crying about the little things. Seriously...if we put half the energy into solving the world's major problems that we put into bending over backwards trying to please everybody all the time... :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom