The great stroller dilema

RememberWhen

Thanks again. Ive looked again and the GT could be a good option. Son is under the weight limit but does measure at exactly 48 inch so I think at least for this trip we may get away with that.

I hope we like Vero, bought a 100 point DVC contract for there without ever being before :p
That’s awesome! We went to Vero when I was a kid, but I don’t really remember much about it. I hope it’s an awesome, slightly Disneyish, beach vacation! And I hope they bring back the character meal before your trip. We’re doing a beach trip in December (sadly not at Vero) but I’m hoping we can drive down there for a visit.

I have been following this thread for a while, as we were back and forth on the stroller issue for our trip in Sept. My daughter had just turned 6, and we really worried about her ability to keep up in the heat and humidity that time of year. We ended up opting not to take the stroller. We were stunned on how she ran us Disney vets into the ground. We did multiple days over 8 miles, and she was constantly pushing us to keep going. She has an average activity level in daily life, no sports etc., but had zero issues walking with regular stops for rest in the parks. Hope that helps.

Jennie

jaklgreen

I have been following this thread for a while, as we were back and forth on the stroller issue for our trip in Sept. My daughter had just turned 6, and we really worried about her ability to keep up in the heat and humidity that time of year. We ended up opting not to take the stroller. We were stunned on how she ran us Disney vets into the ground. We did multiple days over 8 miles, and she was constantly pushing us to keep going. She has an average activity level in daily life, no sports etc., but had zero issues walking with regular stops for rest in the parks. Hope that helps.

Jennie
Yep, kids that age have been able to physically handle activity(like WDW) forever. It is only recently that parents feel like kids are not able to handle this level of physical activity. I really don't understand why.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Our usual park stroller is our Baby Jogger Mini City GT2, but occasionally when we have to travel in a few weeks, we take our Contours Bitsy Elite to get our son reacquainted to rolling around in that tiny thing (it fits perfectly in an overhead compartment)

Indy_UK

Booked a GT for our trip so we will see how it pans out.

Actually I never came back and reported. TBF the stroller was a life saver for this first trip. We did find our son wanted to zone out a lot in the stroller but it would give us 5 mins peace now and again.

We went to Disneyland Paris back in January and he actually coped quite well without a stroller. This august we are going back to WDW but staying at the Poly instead of AKV and decided we are not going to get a stroller. Being close to MK, we are going to just break the day up with the monorail back for lunch and pool time before returning to the parks in the evening.

As well as the stroller we carried way too much on rucksacks which we didn’t need. While it was far from plain sailing with a child with violent traits of ASD, we are much more prepared this year.

We’ll get there and find what works best

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom