The Great Movie Ride´s shutting down!?!

milia

Original Poster
Hi! Greetings from Rio de Janeiro, Brasil!

It´s my first time here and I just want to know if someone heard something about the closing of The Great Movie Ride for good due to some kind of contract problem between Disney and MGM. If this is true, I´ll miss it a lot!!!:veryconfu

Walt148

I hope it does not cloes for good. Yes it is getting kind of old. Maybe add some new seens, but don't cloes the ride. The only way I would be happy if it cloesd is if a good new attraction opened up in it place. Not a cheap ride. Maybe an Indy Attraction.

DisJosh

Yeah I heard this rumour a while back and have yet to see anything oficial go down. I wouldn't worry b/c Disney is apparently hanging on to the MGM name so I'm sure they'll be able to hold on to the GMR and all the great scenes.

Testtrack321

MGM has hit hard times again, so expect them to beg Disney to keep their licences in their park (free advertising). Though the new hat could be a forshadow to things to come...

CDavid

I really hope The Great Movie Ride will be around for a long time to come. Too many great WDW Attractions (Horizons, World of Motion, Mr. Toad, etc) have been lost in recent years. :(

A few semi-regular updates to the GMR's grand finale could help keep the attraction fresh, and since that finale's solely a video presentation, it wouldn't cost so much.

dizpins14

What I find ironic is that Walt was a pinoneer in film making technology yet the movie ending as a horrible projector it constantly jumps during the showing. It looks like the projector is from the opening of the park, and there have been major film advances since then. That's just what I wanted to say

wyattkelly

The Great Movie Ride

Personally, I think it would be a good thing to refurbish the Great Movie Ride. This, unlike any other ride at Disney, is ripe for re-invention. There are literally thousands of great films that could be hooked into this to replace or enhance the current ride. For example, The Star Wars Cantina scene, Marilyn Monroe in "The Seven Year Itch", Tara from "Gone with the Wind", the 'hero shot" from "Tombstone" (The four Heroes walking to the OK Corral, a burning barn in the background), The MCP from Tron, Alfred Hitchcock's "The Birds"...well, you get the idea. It never needs to close, but it needs to be changed from time to time. Like Disney himself said (paraphrased), "(Walt Disney World) will never be finished."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom