"The Excavator" Patented

Merlin0402

Original Poster
I remember a while ago reading that the names "TriceraTop Spin", "Primeval Whirl!", and "The Excavator" were all patented by Disney at the same time. So far, we've gotten TriceraTop Spin and Primeval Whirl!, and now we're hearing rumors of a mine train coaster for Animal Kingdom. Anyone, who has seen the concept art for Dinoland U.S.A., has seen that big mine train coaster in the background. It's starting to look like something's coming together here... What do you guys think?

DISNEY_FAN_ME

I think its coming! I just think they are waiting for a sponsor or something. I also think they are trying to think of ways to make it different from BTM considering its a mine train. They could also be waiting till around the finishing touches on Mission: Space, so they can tell the public that a new ride is coming!

Merlin0402

Original Poster
The Excavator in the concept art is a woodie built around an excavation site, so they shouldn't have any problem with theming it differently. I just want to see what Disney would do with a wooden rollercoaster. Their first ever, if I'm not mistaken...

Merlin0402

Original Poster
There are other threads about Disney patenting names? I didn't see any. Maybe some other threads went way off topic and eventually touched on this...

CAPTAIN HOOK

Originally posted by Merlin0402
and now we're hearing rumors of a mine train coaster for Animal Kingdom.........It's starting to look like something's coming together here... What do you guys think?

I've heard the rumours and personally can't wait

Justin

Excavator is Wood

Ok, Everyone here it is, There has been at least 4other threads about this. This coaster is not going to be another MINE TRAIN. Think Disney already has their traditional Cookie Cutter somewhat, (Thunder Mountain). However i agree with someone's i read earlier that Excavator is going to be Wood. :D

I forget where it was but i heard somewhere that the Excavator was going to come to Disney as a Wooden Rollercoaster but that was along time ago. However this thread is making me wonder if its coming back. I heard that CCI was going to manufactuer it somewhere in the AK section :veryconfu

However i cannot find any spot, of where to Excavator would be built. :brick:

When Primeval whirl was made i thought that was considered Excavator... I dont know how these rumours r flying by at AK and disney because at IAAPA we were told that from B&M. They were manufacturing a ride for Disney....

So i guess we will have to c and find out how this all turns out. :veryconfu :hammer:

ToTBellHop

I don't honestly see the Excavator coming any time soon...Beastlie has been pushed much more, and Dinoland just got an upgrade so it can wait. This park needs more land for guests to be on, not more attractions crammed into existing lands.

Justin

Yeah I agree, If Disney is going to build more on AK there going to need more, Cause i can finish that park up in a few hours. By The way there talking about finishing all this up and making new stuff, It makes me wonder everytime.

But just thought of Disney doing two things at once would be hard. Cause they were behind Schedule on MS for a while and i think it will open before time now. But they sure r taking their precious time on Beastly Kingdom and so fourth cause i have heard rumours about this for quite a while. :hammer:

james4023464

Why would they put another big ride in Dino-land, maybe the coaster in the backround was in asia, because asia is right next to Dino-land.

Justin

Sometimes i question, But its good to have more than one thrill in a section of a park, and sometimes its good to have more than one dark ride or family ride...:cool:

For instant y would we have Dumbo and Cinderella's Carousel in one section?:rolleyes:

Even if Excavator is built it probably wont be huge to take up space in DinoLand... My guesses it will be something small like Schooby's Ghoaster Coaster or Beastling. Or maybe just allitle bit bigger in size, because knowing Disney u have to have a large capacity ride, Thats y u even c 2trains on the small Goofy's Barnstormer.

Excavator Needs to be placed in that area to.. So u dont just go to Dinorama to play STUPID carnival games, and ride the 2attractions, They should probably get a family dark ride in there too. :animwink:

its just all apart of the theme park buisness. :king:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

rocketman23

Well, all I have to say is bring in the wooden coaster. We need one in Orlando. A CCI would be great, they know how to put a ride in to fit the landscape even on cramped spots like boardwalks. The concept of Excavator sounds similar to the CCI creation Tremors, in which you dive in and out of the ground and twisting in and out of things... even the souvenir shop! Look HERE for detail on that ride...

DISNEY_FAN_ME

If they do put it in Dino-Land USA. It might go farther than DINOSAUR the ride. Cause if you look at a park map you see the area that is below DINOSAUR the ride is all trees. It could possibly start to be a night project, considering this is a wildlife and plantational park.

donaldfan

Unfortunately, I don't have a scanner, but if you look in the book, "The Making of DAK Theme Park" by Melody Mahlberg, there is a depiction of a wooden coaster in the picture of the Dino bone dig. The picture is on pg 76.

donaldfan

I just had a thought -- isn't there quite a bit of open space between the entrance to DinoLand and Tarzan Rocks? I wonder if that space was supposed to be the loading area for this roller coaster??

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom