The Disney Channel TV Tryouts

wdw535

Original Poster
Hey guys:wave: , I was going through some old videotapes(as mentioned before in the 1990 parade thread), and came across The Disney Channel TV Tryouts, which we taped on TV back in 1991. What makes it imporatant is that it was filmed at Disney MGM Studios, and even more imporatant, I was on it!(well kind of - there was a close up of me in the audience) I was wondering if anyone remembers this "show" which aired weekly and was about 10 minutes long featuring guests at MGM "trying out", and acting to be on TV. They would use the backlots and "Streets of America" to film, as well as the indoor studio. If you were even on the show, or even saw yourself in the audience, or just remember it ,post here. It would be cool to find out of the other people who remember it. Another question I had, was what is "Stage 3" where this was filmed being used as now. At the end, the guy says, "If you ever visit the Disney-MGM Studios at Walt Disney World, stop by Stage 3, you just might end up on The Disney Channel!"
If you remember anything at all about this show, say something about it!

yensidtlaw1969

Oh wow, I think I remember that! I know I've heard of it somewhere. I don't think I ever got to do it, but when I was little I wanted to be an actor ( I was inspred by Pinocchio :D ) and I remember telling my parents about it and wanting to do it.

Thanks for bringing back an old memory!

Yensid "row-,-row-,-row-your-boat-,-said-the-german-skunk" tlaw1969

Mossman

I was on vacation at the time and actually made it on stage. I remember being at home months later and seeing myself on tv before MMC came on. I'd love to see the footage if anyone has it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom