The Critter Bayou Revue (Working Title)

Keyblade Jedi

Original Poster
Originally, I Was Going to Use the Idea of Re-Using Marc Davis Critters for DCA's California Adventure Area (Where the Play area is) with a Musical Revue Called the California Song Book. But with Tiana's Bayou Adventure is Coming in 2024, I Thought I Could Replace the Pooh Ride with The Critter Bayou Revue with the Same Critters and Familiar Songs (Including Going Down the Bayou from Princess and the Frog). And It will Include the Christmas Version as Well.

Last edited:

MickeyMouse10

Originally, I Was Going to Use the Idea of Re-Using Marc Davis Critters for DCA's California Adventure Area (Where the Play area is) with a Musical Revue Called the California Song Book. But with Tiana's Bayou Adventure is Coming in 2024, I Thought I Could Replace the Pooh Ride with The Critter Bayou Revue with the Same Critters and Familiar Songs (Including Going Down the Bayou from Princess and the Frog).

I did a version of it as well for Disneyland Hawaii. Instead of Frontierland, I went with Critter Country and made an attraction called "Critter Country Hoedown". It's similar to Country Bear Jamboree and is hosted by Clara Cluck and Alan-a-Dale, and features many of the unused ideas by Marc Davis.

Keyblade Jedi

Original Poster
With Louis the Alligator is the Host of the Show (With Sora, Goofy, Aqua and Ventus as Co-Hosts), We have Melvin, Max and Buff in the Back in the Theater Wall (like in the Country Bear Days). And Also Reusing Many Elements of America Sings, Country Bears, Mickey Mouse Revue, Showbiz Pizza's Rock-a-fire Explosion and Unused Sadie Madie (from Marc Davis) with Songs and Characters Came from the New Orleans Bayou Form.

Keyblade Jedi

Original Poster
Without further ado, here's the concept:

Facade and Queue​

The facade is similar to the Fort Wilderness Hotel (with the Signage Font Lettering Shares the Same Logo as Country Bear Theater).

Main show​

The main theater, like the lobby of Country Bear Theater. the guests are seated, a cast member reminds them to refrain from eating, drinking, smoking, or using flash photography during the performance. When the show is about to start, the Host or Hostess tells everyone to Clap along and Sing Along.

Characters:
Sora (as a Co-Host)

Goofy (in His Goofy Movie Outfit) (as a Co-Host)

Aqua (as a Co-Hostess)

Ventus (as a Co-Host)

Louis the Alligator (as a Host)

The Unnamed Rabbit (in the Reskin Design from the Brer Rabbit Animatronic)

The Unnamed Fox (in the Reskin Design from the Brer Fox Animatronic)

The Unnamed Bear (in the Reskin Design from the Brer Bear Animatronic and Wearing a Overalls Similar to Billy Bo's Overall)

The Swamp Boys (Alligator Trio, Hamonica Racoon and a Rattlesnake Play his Tail like a Flute)

The Singing Geese

The Singing Frogs

The Five Bear Rugs

The Boothill Vultures

The Alligator

Saddlesore Swanson

The Unnamed Otter (from Tiana's Bayou Adventure)

The Polar Bear (Looks Very Similar to Beach Bear from Rock-a-Fire Explosion)

Max, Melvin, and Buff

The Silverback Gorilla (Looks Very Similar to Fatz from Rock-a-Fire Explosion)

The Songs:
Going to Down the Bayou - Louis, Sora, Goofy, Aqua and Ventus
Fractured Folk Song - Aqua and Ventus
Pop Goes the Weasel - Goofy and the Weasel
Dixie/Little Liza Jane/Camptown Races - The Singing Geese
My Woman Ain't Pretty (But She Don't Swear None) -Liver Lips
Polly Wolly Doodle - The Swamp Boys
All the Guys That Turn Me On Turn Me Down - The Sun Bonnet Trio
Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf - The Three Little Pigs
Down by the Riverside - Hens, Foxes, Swamp Boy Frogs
The Three Caballeros - Donald, Panchito and Jose
Drill, Ye Tarrier, Drills/I've Been Working on the Railroad/Fireball Mail - The Singing Geese
The Old Chisholm Trail - Saddlesore Swanson
The Ballad of Davy Crockett - Henry and Sammy
Who Shot The Hole in My Sombrero?" – Sombrero-wearing dog
The End of Billy the Kid - The Boothill Boy Vultures
Home on the Range - Tex Ranger (Dog)
Music Goes Round and Round - Goofy and The Gorilla
Hello Dolly Medley (Put on Your Sunday Clothes) - The Singing Geese
It's Not that Easy Being Green - Kermit
Bill Bailey, Won't You Come Home - Showgirl Pig
Only a Bird in a Glided Cage - Bird in a Gilded Cage and Fox
Ta-Ra-Ra-Ra-Boom-De-Ay - Bird in a Gilded Cage, Fox, Storks, Singing Gesse (male and female), Showgirl Pig, Louis, Sora, Goofy, Aqua, and Ventus
My Love - Henry and Teddi Barra
The Bayou Bunch (The Tune of "The Brady Bunch") - Sora, Goofy, Aqua, Ventus, Louis and The Singing Geese
Singin' in the Rain - The Singing Geese
A-Tisket, A-Tasket/Boo-Hoo - College Quartet (Male Fox, Male Wolf, Two Female Cats)
Beat Me Daddy Eight to the Bar - Piano Pig
Happy Birthday (Ocassionally if the Guest or Cast Member is Having a Birthday) - The Cast
When We're Human - Louis, Hippie Stork, Silverback Gorilla, Hippie Frog
Going Down the Bayou (Reprise) - The Cast

Last edited:

comics101

Originally, I Was Going to Use the Idea of Re-Using Marc Davis Critters for DCA's California Adventure Area (Where the Play area is) with a Musical Revue Called the California Song Book. But with Tiana's Bayou Adventure is Coming in 2024, I Thought I Could Replace the Pooh Ride with The Critter Bayou Revue with the Same Critters and Familiar Songs (Including Going Down the Bayou from Princess and the Frog). And It will Include the Christmas Version as Well.
I don't know that I've ever shared it this idea before, but years ago (2011, it looks like!) I jotted down notes for an attraction idea I called Mama Odie's Critter Jubilee--essentially a Princess & the Frog version of The Country Bear Jamboree with Mama Odie as the hostess.
  • The animatronic-heavy show begins with frog-Tiana bemoaning her predicament and placing all of the blame for her froggy situation on Naveen. Mama Odie then steps in with some words of wisdom before singing, "Dig a Little Deeper."
  • From there, Louis & his critter friends dream of being human in a slightly shortened version of "When We're Human."
  • Next, Ray and his firefly family sing an all-new song called "The Holy Trinity," about food, friends, and family.
    • A tribute to zydeco music, the song's refrain would go something like: "Cuz' I got ev'ryting I need when I got food, friends, and family!"**
  • With Tiana and Naveen learning the importance of gratitude, friendship, and family, the grand finale occurs at the couple's wedding, with the two frogs turning into Princess & Prince right before guests eyes.
  • Finally, the animatronic cast appears one last time for a group rendition of "Down in New Orleans!"

Anyway, slightly different from the show you were describing, but some similarities exist. With Splash Mountain's demise around the corner, I too think such a show would be a great use of the old America's Sings animatronics.

**Literally just came up with this song/title writing this post lol. I kind like it though--maybe someday I'll take a crack at writing lyrics 🤷‍♂️

Keyblade Jedi

Original Poster
I don't know that I've ever shared it this idea before, but years ago (2011, it looks like!) I jotted down notes for an attraction idea I called Mama Odie's Critter Jubilee--essentially a Princess & the Frog version of The Country Bear Jamboree with Mama Odie as the hostess.
  • The animatronic-heavy show begins with frog-Tiana bemoaning her predicament and placing all of the blame for her froggy situation on Naveen. Mama Odie then steps in with some words of wisdom before singing, "Dig a Little Deeper."
  • From there, Louis & his critter friends dream of being human in a slightly shortened version of "When We're Human."
  • Next, Ray and his firefly family sing an all-new song called "The Holy Trinity," about food, friends, and family.
    • A tribute to zydeco music, the song's refrain would go something like: "Cuz' I got ev'ryting I need when I got food, friends, and family!"**
  • With Tiana and Naveen learning the importance of gratitude, friendship, and family, the grand finale occurs at the couple's wedding, with the two frogs turning into Princess & Prince right before guests eyes.
  • Finally, the animatronic cast appears one last time for a group rendition of "Down in New Orleans!"

Anyway, slightly different from the show you were describing, but some similarities exist. With Splash Mountain's demise around the corner, I too think such a show would be a great use of the old America's Sings animatronics.

**Literally just came up with this song/title writing this post lol. I kind like it though--maybe someday I'll take a crack at writing lyrics 🤷‍♂️

Why I Didn't Think about Mama Odie before. I Would have Her as a Host in the Florida Version of the Critter Bayou Jubilee to Replace the Country Bear Theater (Don't Worry, Some Country Bears Still Retained).

Keyblade Jedi

Original Poster
1670020298604.png

What if the Critter Bayou Jubliee at Disneyland and Mama Odie's Country Critter Jamboree at Walt Disney World would have also Added the Same Clone of the Otter (from Tiana's Bayou Adventure), Rabbit (It does Look Like Brer Rabbit) and a Possum.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom