The CP for Biology Majors

Dayzie914

Original Poster
I am planning on being a Bio major and was wondering if that could get me any other oppurtunities in the CP. I would love to work in the Living Seas, or even better, with the tour (Dolphins in Depth I think it is), where people can swim with dolphins. I ultimately plan to work with dolphin rescue/rehabilitation.

Does anyone know if having this as my major would allow me to do aomething like this?

Thanks

radiohost

Any major will get you in the college program. If your in pre-med, education, psycology, foreign language, history of coal miners, dental, nursing, communication, business, a complete unbiased look at kermit the frog....All majors will get you into the college program. And heres the best part. Disney on a resume when you go to find a job will put you well ahead of any other applicants. Radiohost:cool:

Yellow Shoes

I took my high school senior to the CareerStart seminar recently. (He's decided to go to college, so I'm working the CP angle now).

I recall that you could choose the type of job--attractions, merchandising, custodial, quick food and beverage, but I don't recall if you could specify a park or attraction.

I suspect that a LARGE majority of applicants want to work the E-Rides, and very few people request the tea cups, or Swiss Family Treehouse, so perhaps they don't ask that question.

Surely at some point there is a personal interview at which you can state your interest in sea mammals and get that noted on your paperwork.

My son in planning on majoring in wildlife biology (not quite sure what that entails---oops--I made a PUN!!), so I would think that something at DAK would work for him, although tending the fish farms at Living with the Land would also work.

summergurl

Hi! I'm also a bio major, and actually ended up not applying for the regular college program because there is no way of knowing where you will be placed in the category you select until you are actually there (for example, in operations you could be placed in Kilimanjaro Safaris or dumbo...who knows?). I knew that I wanted to work with animals in whatever I did, and to me, it didn't make sense for me to put aside my career goals for a semester, much as I love Disney. However, there are advanced internships that are very specific, and I believe some of them are working directly with the Living Seas and the dolphin programs there. Check out Disneycareers.com, and do a search for internships, and I believe you should find them! Good luck!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom