The Country Bears Re-Imagined?

walee

Original Poster
I Just watched the country bears movie again and I wonder why disney didn't update that show with the new bears, they look awsome the Jim henson creature shop did an amazing job, they should take out the old show and add something like in the movie!! like a real country music concert. I think guest would enjoy that a lot more! i know i would, because the country bears now is very boreing to me.. they should make the new show look like this

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4uDdYggw6c

pumpkin7

what on earth was that??

and i'm guessing they didn't do much with the movie because the movie was a complete flop? i only recently found out there was even a country bears movie.

Cmdr_Crimson

Ah that was a special that was on ABC When the movie was released called The Country Bears Concert for America it's also on the DVD as well.

My only gripe is that they chose the wrong characters and how it was put together..Why is Ted the corn jug blower & washboard handler now a lead singer when they could have simply used zeke since he was the lead singer of the Five Bear Rugs. I had a chance recently to rewatch it in HD on Starz a few weeks ago and noticed a few tributes in the film for fans..As Henry gives Bearrie the tour of Bear Hall he mentions a few of the other Jamboree performers Liver Lips Mcgraw & Gomer. Plus there is a tribute to artistan and Imagineer Marc Davis...When Henry is in his office talking to Big Al you can see Wendell's Picture sitting on the floor to the right..
Henry.jpg

And here's the picture that's on the floor.
http://flic.kr/p/3eopdz

lighteningqueen

If they put the country music that is on now I will never set foot in there. I am not that old and this stuff now is just not country.Leave it alone as far as music. You could change the songs but leave them from the old cowboys not this rock country they all sound the same.Just put some new acts in it. This is true old Disney.

JimboJones123

I see a much stonger Walt attachment to CBJ than CoP or Tiki Room.

There are 2 updated versions. They are fantastic. Contrary to what the suits say would only take a few dozen man hours to flip for the seasons as well.

Could we start a voluntary CBJ Flip Brigade to help? Heck, I'd donate 2-3 days of work for nothing. If they wanted to cut a few bucks off and AP renewal, I would be overjoyed.

spectrodanny

I see a much stonger Walt attachment to CBJ than CoP or Tiki Room.

There are 2 updated versions. They are fantastic. Contrary to what the suits say would only take a few dozen man hours to flip for the seasons as well.

Could we start a voluntary CBJ Flip Brigade to help? Heck, I'd donate 2-3 days of work for nothing. If they wanted to cut a few bucks off and AP renewal, I would be overjoyed.

AGREED! I REALLY miss seeing the Vacation Hoedown in person especially since this September will be the 10th anniversary of the last showing at Disneyland. of course to bring both that AND the Christmas show back i THINK they'd have to re-proogram both from scratch. as i think the Vacation Hoedown programming disc was destroyed at some point. of course maybe WDI has a backup

disney_yeti

if anything they should update the animatronics system for this show. The times I do see this show, some of the animatronics don't work. I'm positive Disney has the technology.

I guess this is just one of those wishes...:brick:

chatsworth

That film still and the title of this thread made me laugh. I think Disney has more profitable intellectual properties than Country Bears.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom