The Black Pearl in Florida

Yen_Sid1

Original Poster
Right now, The Black Pearl, from "Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl" is at a Dania Beach (Florida) marina being spruced up after filming in the Caribbean. On Monday, the galleon heads for California for more filming.

bassman

imagineer boy said:
You know, when they're done using it, they should bring it to MGM and put it on the backlot tour, to give more interesting sights.

now that idea i like.
they could put davy jones' ship and the dauntless in there too,they could be displayed in a man made lagoon too so that you couldn't all the gubbins below water level.
actually come to think of it wasn't the pearl and the dauntless just big sets on a floating bardge?,they were never actually made were they,i know davy jones' ship has ive seen pics hahahahaha.:p

imagineer boy

bassman said:
now that idea i like.
they could put davy jones' ship and the dauntless in there too,they could be displayed in a man made lagoon too so that you couldn't all the gubbins below water level actually come to think of it wasn't the pearl and the dauntless just big sets on a floating bardge?,they were never actually made were they,i know davy jones' ship has ive seen pics hahahahaha.:p

Yeah, they could have something like Catastrophe where the tour tram wades through shallow water in between the two ships, and the ships start fireing on each other and water splashes around the tram. The tram could get out of the water, then go around the corner, and see the backs of the ships to show how they were done with facades put over barges. Wow, that would be so awesome!!! I wish they could do something like this.

wbboy29

The Black Pearl is AMAZING in person. It is actually the only ship in the new movies that was fully built so that it can be filmed from any angle. Plus it was built over a tug boat, therefore making it the only ship in the new movies that can "sail" itself. All the other ships in the new movies were partially built and built ontop of barges which meant they could only be filmed from certain angles and had to be either pushed or pulled by tug boats for filming. But they are all still extremely impressive. Especially the Flying Dutchman. :)

I would post pics if I could but I'm not allowed to post the ones I have, sorry y'all

I3olTz

imagineer boy said:
Yeah, they could have something like Catastrophe where the tour tram wades through shallow water in between the two ships, and the ships start fireing on each other and water splashes around the tram. The tram could get out of the water, then go around the corner, and see the backs of the ships to show how they were done with facades put over barges. Wow, that would be so awesome!!! I wish they could do something like this.
yea that would be awsome but i think the backlot tour is the last thing they wanna work on..

TinkerBell9988

I live about 20 minutes from Dania and the location of where the Black Pearl is, but I've heard from sources that there is heavy security down there, and you need to be either a cop or a member of the company that is fixing the ship to get remotely close to it... I was thinking of making the trip until I heard that.

But it is still very cool to have that ship sitting 20 minutes from my front door!

majortom1981

hmm

On the Pirates of the Carribean dvd is says that the black perl is an actual ship. They had to literally sail it through the panama canal. I could have sworn it was a real ship that somebody else owns and disney is just borrowing it for the movies.

imagineer boy

majortom1981 said:
On the Pirates of the Carribean dvd is says that the black perl is an actual ship. They had to literally sail it through the panama canal. I could have sworn it was a real ship that somebody else owns and disney is just borrowing it for the movies.

No, that would be the Intercepter/ Lady Washington. The ship that they commondeer that Barbossa blows up.

imagineer boy said:

lol or you could just actualy go on pirates:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom