The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man vs The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

Which is the better ride?

• Total voters

DisneyAndUniversalFan

Original Poster
Our Favorite Universal Orlando Resort Attractions You Can't Miss | Condé  Nast Traveler

twilight-zone-tower-of-terror-00.jpg

I know they are completely different types of rides, but both rides have been at their respective parks for decades and truly changed the industry and are ahead of their time. Both of these rides are still two of the best theme park rides ever made, and hold up still next to all the newest ride additions in their parks. Which is the better ride?

JT3000

Shocking results so far. Tower is the pinnacle of Imagineering.
I don't think the results are shocking. They're both great attractions, but at the end of the day, one is a well-themed drop tower -- with a ride system that even Disney couldn't be bothered to faithfully recreate when cloning the ride elsewhere -- and the other was a whole new type of ride when it debuted. Spider-Man was so much more groundbreaking by comparison that it continues to be reappropriated by Universal and has been (poorly) imitated a number of times by others.

BubbaisSleep

TOT would easily be my favorite ride in the world if they’d finally update the ride. The storytelling & effects are just a bit dated now, unlike Paris or when DCA had theirs. It always seems to have maintenance problems too sadly. TOT at its peak was truly something amazing though. Spiderman is in top-notch shape & has aged so well. Even though Spiderman is an old ride it got a proper update & it shows. Spiderman takes the win for me.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Tower wins for overall theming (the difference between the cartoons in the queue vs. the CG Spiderman in the ride gives it a slight disadvantage)

I LOVE TOT and I LOVE Spiderman for completely different reasons, so it's very difficult to choose a favorite beyond what I said above.

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"
I feel like Tower of Terror is something truly special as a work pacing, storytelling, and themed design (feels like an indie film) but given its lack of updates and Spider-Man's massive scale, it is a more enjoyable on-ride experience for me.

That being said, if we'd have to keep one, I'd go with Tower of Terror.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom