Thanksgiving Wait Times @ Epcot

wdwjmp239

Original Poster
When I was at Epcot Thanksgiving late morning (11:30am or so), I saw wait times on their big board (near Pin Central) as the following:

SOARIN' 100 mins
TEST TRACK 60 MINS
MISSION SPACE 50 MINS
LIVING SEAS / TALKING TURTLE - SEE TIMES (when we got there, the lobby was packed!)

We'll wait until the "newness" of this attraction rubs off before we go see it. In the meantime, we hope everyone on here had a good Thanksgiving! :)

ChadLP02

Today Soarin got up to around 150 minutes I believe....pretty crazy. I know Test Track got up to 110 at one point. They were even running fastpass over at Norway...pretty crazy! We ended up doing Soarin with a 100 minute wait, but it really wasn't that bad b/c there's so much room in the lines to stand around...and we did Test Track right before the fireworks and it was a 45 min wait but the line kept moving so it went by fast. The past two couple days have been really busy at MGM and Epcot, but we were able to do everything we wanted, so it really wasn't a big deal.

wdwjmp239

Original Poster
SwtSerenity said:
I was there late in the afternoon and got on to Mission Space in 10 minutes!

Right! And, then we came back later in the evening and my brother walked on Mission Space....no wait.

Today, however, at the Magic Kingdom, it was shoulder to shoulder people! We managed to squeeze out a FastPass for Splash Mountain and after that, we headed back to the hotel on Jamaican Court (Embassy Suites on I-Drive) where we did Ripley's Believe It Or Not, Wonderworks, and played some NTN trivia at the Buffalo Wild Wings on International Drive. At least the crowds on I-drive during the day weren't as crazy as they were in the parks. :)

basas

ntn_haqqer said:
Right! And, then we came back later in the evening and my brother walked on Mission Space....no wait.

Today, however, at the Magic Kingdom, it was shoulder to shoulder people! We managed to squeeze out a FastPass for Splash Mountain and after that, we headed back to the hotel on Jamaican Court (Embassy Suites on I-Drive) where we did Ripley's Believe It Or Not, Wonderworks, and played some NTN trivia at the Buffalo Wild Wings on International Drive. At least the crowds on I-drive during the day weren't as crazy as they were in the parks. :)

Just interested if you remember...what were some of the wait times around MK?

wdwjmp239

Original Poster
basas said:
Just interested if you remember...what were some of the wait times around MK?

Splash Mountain was 70 mins. We didn't stick around to see what Big Thunder Mountain Railroad was nor Space Mountain. We were lucky to do SPLASH Mountain and got out when the going was good.

Though, on the way back from the Magic Kingdom - International Drive was crowded with the usual Friday night folk looking for a restaurant or a nightclub to go to. But, this is a Disney board, so we'll stick to Disney-related items.

:wave:

BTW - Our next Disney trip will be sometime in March. We're giving Disney a rest this year for Xmas and New Years Eve. We've seen the crowds and we don't like. :cry:

speck76

Yesterday at Epcot (Friday 11/25) 3pm

Soarin' 110 minutes (no fastpass available)
Test Track 70 minutes (no fastpass available)
Mission Space 60 minutes (Fastpass still available)
Turtle Talk 60 minutes

All 3 Candlelight showings were packed, with the dinner package line ending between Japan and Morrocco

The Tree lighting had crowds backed up thorugh the entire Lights of Winter structure

The park was packed.....

wdwjmp239

Original Poster
speck76 said:
Yesterday at Epcot (Friday 11/25) 3pm

Soarin' 110 minutes (no fastpass available)
Test Track 70 minutes (no fastpass available)
Mission Space 60 minutes (Fastpass still available)
Turtle Talk 60 minutes

All 3 Candlelight showings were packed, with the dinner package line ending between Japan and Morrocco

The Tree lighting had crowds backed up thorugh the entire Lights of Winter structure

The park was packed.....

I could only imagine......Did the parks at any point during the day shut down due to capacity issues? I know I've seen the Magic Kingdom shut down on the 4th of July due to it being full to capacity.

On our way to MK on Friday morning, we got to the parking lot at around 10am and based on where we were parking (Donald 61), we knew it wasn't looking good! We wound up taking the boat over from the TTC to MK. The cast member on the boat said that the boats were full since 8am. Unfortunately, he had no way of knowing whether or not the park was full to capacity at the time we talked to him.

DisneyDellsDude

I was there too over Thanksgiving.(It was my 4th trip to the world) We went on Soarin' in the early moring, and then got a fastpass for it right after that. Good thing we didn't wait off until about noon!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom