Thanksgiving at Disney World...anything special?

Kurtj43

Original Poster
This is my first time spending Thanksgiving at Disney World...do the parks do anything special on that day?

Any parades or holiday themed stuff beyond the opportunity to buy a turkey leg (which you can get any day)...

...any feedback would be appreciated!

Thanks!!

Matpez

nothing really special beyond the most massive huge crowds the park gets all year...

(maybe not as busy as July 4th, New Years eve, or Christmas, but so close you wouldn't know better)

WildcatDen

Has something changed since 2004? We were at the MK on Thanksgiving day and did not think the crowd was unbearable. In fact, we were able to do just about all the things we wanted to.

We did notice that Thanksgiving day was the more crowded than all the other days that week.

We are heading back this Thanksgiving as well :sohappy::sohappy:

Crockett

Banned
If you can try to go the week before Thanksgiving, you will find the crowds a lot more tolerable. Probably our favorite time of the calendar year to go. But be warned if you go from 11/24 on...it will be quite heavy.

Nothing different really, just the Christmas decorations up. So that means the Osborne lights are on but nothing special besides that. Everyone says the crowds are huge, but I've always been able to do everything I've desired without too much of a hassle.

majorrfb

Thanksgiving Day........Nope!

Thanksgiving Day is much to busy for our tastes. So, we go a week to 2 weeks after Thanksgiving and the crowds are moderate at best. Christmas decorations are all up and everything is very festive. Over the many years, we tried New Years, Easter, Thanksgiving, and Christmas (school vacations). Our absolute favorite time is now late November and early December to be in the World. See you Dec. 1, in the Magic Kingdom. :wave: :xmas: :sohappy:

Pioneer Hall

Besides for some restaurants having holiday menus, you won't notice much of a difference from any other day during the holiday season.

mhuhn23

If you can try to go the week before Thanksgiving, you will find the crowds a lot more tolerable. Probably our favorite time of the calendar year to go. But be warned if you go from 11/24 on...it will be quite heavy.

I was wondering about this. I'll be at WDW the 13th-19th. Expecting crowds to be a little bit lighter, especially with kids since you'd figure most go on their Thanksgiving break from school. Although from various accounts it seems it's been packed the last month when usually this is a downtime before it picks up for Christmas. Regardless I can't wait!

powlessfamily4

I was wondering about this. I'll be at WDW the 13th-19th. Expecting crowds to be a little bit lighter, especially with kids since you'd figure most go on their Thanksgiving break from school. Although from various accounts it seems it's been packed the last month when usually this is a downtime before it picks up for Christmas. Regardless I can't wait!

I was there from the 18th through the 26th last year. Crowds started picking up on the 23rd and were unbearable on Thanksgiving day. The 18th - 23rd they were AWESOME!!

JimJam

I am also going the day before thanksgiving and staying for a week.... im doing thanksgiving dinner at cape may in the beach club... hope its fun

PolynesianPrincess

We visited during Thanksgiving week last year and found it to be completely fine. The crowds didnt seem bad at all. We walked on Space Mountain at 10am. Watched Wishes on Main St then immediately sat on the curb for the 2nd parade. The crowds didnt seem that bad at all that day or the next day at MGM either. Walked on Tower of Terrow 3 times after Fantasmic! Nothing additional as far as menus or show or decorations than the rest of the holiday season though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom