Thangiving Dinner

HissD

Thanksgiving Dinner

Does anyone have any advice as to the best choices (on property of course) for Thanksgiving Dinner? We will be arriving Thanksgiving Day at 9:30 am and staying at POR. We are thinking of Whispering Canyon, Chef Mickey's or Crystal Palace. I am sure Liberty Tree Tavern would be nuts. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

2001-AS Movies
2002-AS Movies
2003-POR
Nov. 25-Dec. 4 2004-POR
:sohappy:

Lauriebar

First of all, WELCOME TO THE BOARDS!!:wave:

I have never been during Thanksgiving but you are probably right about Liberty Tree. Although you might try there anyway since it is a traditional Thanksgiving day dinner, it is worth the crowds!!

Wilderness Lodge has a very holiday feel, warm and cozy and will be beautiful in the fall. Whispering Canyon is louder and more family friendly, while Artist Pointe is quieter and more elegant. Either choice would be great for Thanksgiving!!

Upvote 0

swimmom

Two years ago we were in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada in the company of my best friend from high school and her family for Thanksgiving. Of course they were not celebrating Thanksgiving in Canada, so we ate Thai for dinner. Since we were in good company with friends, we didn't really care what we ate for dinner, just enjoyed our time together. I say don't let the holiday dictate where you dine for Thanksgiving, just enjoy the good company i.e. Mickey, Goofy, Donald, etc.

However if you were looking to have the traditional turkey, I would imagine that the buffet style restaurants like Chef Mickey, Crystal Palace & Holloywood & Vine would have turkey on Thanksgiving Day.

Upvote 0

mandib

Last year we had no luck with Liberty Tree Tavern we called at noon 90 days prior and they were all booked. We decided on Crystal Palace. I really enjoy that place and they had turkey and anything else you would like on Thanksgiving. This year I'm going to try for Liberty Tree Tavern again because it is my favorite restuarant in the MK. Next Friday I'll be up and calling. lol Good luck!

Upvote 0

KevinPage

I would suggest eating at one of the resort restuarants. Not only will you get a better quality meal (than compared to inside the park) you will have a more relaxed atmosphere. The parks are BUSY that day, so you could take a nice break away from it all.

Most if not all of the sit down restuarants offer their regular menu & the traditional Thanksgiving dinner.

:xmas: since there is no pilgram or turkey icon

Upvote 0

Chris

We ate at the California Grill for Thanksgiving 2001. They had a traditional selection as well as some "Contemporary" (sic) options. We had to prepay for all of the meals when we made the reservation. It was quite expensive, I want to say it was around $75 a person. Later we found out that the food court at the All Star Music was service a traditional meal for $12 a head. We may or may not be there on Thanksgiving day this year. We may arrive on Friday. If we are there we will probably eat somewhere at EPCOT beacuse we ate there Christmas day last year and did not have any issues with getting a PS at the Garden Grill.

Good luck.

Upvote 0

PixyDust

We arrived around 8 pm Thanksgiving 2003 and ate at Boatwrights. Wanted to stay out of the park area that day. We always will have a special place in our hearts for that place. Ever since we went with my family and my sister's friend came along. Since we stayed at Dixie Landings that trip, we ate at Boatwrights a LOT. EVERY single day, Shanna (my sister's friend) had the "Pig Easy".

If I wanted traditional Thanksgiving though, it would HAVE to be Liberty Tree.

Upvote 0

NemoRocks78

Seized
While at WDW on Thanksgiving last year, I wound up eating at the Friday's in the Crossroads shopping plaza. :lol:

Definitely go for a resort restaurant---it will be a good time to get away from the crowds in the parks. :)

Upvote 0

murphy

In 2000, we enjoyed thanksgiving dinner at the yacht club. The food was fantastic! It was all you can eat for one price! The setting was beautiful! The dessert table was beautiful! We slept in that morning, then went DTD to enjoy some sunshine and catch a bus to the yacht club. After dinner we were off to see festival of the lion king. Then we returned DTD to see the Grinch, which opened up that day. After that the kids went to disney quest, and I went shopping at the christmas store!! I love the christmas store! This was a very enjoyable Thanksgiving!! I do believe that a traditional dinner is served almost anywhere, but please make reservations because I heard them turning people away at different places without them!! You will enjoy yourself whereever you choose to eat! Have a wonderful time!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom