Testing Nearing Final Stages for MyMagic+ & MagicBands

GrumpyFan

Original Poster
A new article from Travel Weekly is claiming that Disney is nearing the end of testing and full rollout for Magic Bands.

http://www.travelweekly.com/Travel-...goes-mum-on-rollout-delays-in-MagicBand-tech/

Today, Disney officials will say only that the project remains in a “test and adjust” phase to integrate improvements and modifications in accordance with guest feedback and experiences. As of last week, they were not offering a specific date for the program’s full integration. In fact, Disney has gone silent on the entire project.

Yet sources knowledgeable about the inner workings of the company say the executive team remains happy with the rate of progress.

Some of the ongoing work involves adjustments to the My Disney Experience website to make it more user-friendly. In addition, some guest users have reported system glitches in such activities as accessing the online app or FastPass tickets. In a few cases, MagicBands have failed to sync up with a user’s online account.

Currently, MagicBands are available to guests at all 23 Walt Disney World resort hotels, plus Fort Wilderness Resort and six vacation clubs in Orlando, totaling nearly 25,000 on-property guestrooms.

Annual passholders, off-property visitors and day guests will reportedly receive MagicBands in the next phase of the rollout.​

PJean710

I fully expect that when it is fully implemented, the 3 fp+ rule will mysteriously become 5-6 or allow for park hopping. I just cannot believe that they would put such a drastic restriction on fastpasses except for testing purposes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom