Test Track

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
I have noticed in some videos recently that the doors at the end of the indoor section are remaining open, instead of opening at the last second. How long has this been this way?

Ayla

I have noticed in some videos recently that the doors at the end of the indoor section are remaining open, instead of opening at the last second. How long has this been this way?
Probably on and off close to 2 years. It's been that way a long time.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I don't remember the last time I've ridden the ride with them working. It's been several years, at least for me and my 2 trips a year in the past.

Cmdr_Crimson

Speaking of Test Track I think it’s been a decade since the last redo. Will they be obligated to change it again for GM?
Unless....GM drops their contract and it can become The Rusteez Racing Center..That McQueen Animatronic at DHS would work fine in the preshow area.
Considering the odd route Epcot is going now a days..

Cmdr_Crimson

Please, don't give them ideas.
Well, it has been a "Tron-esque" Track ever since..
6f78d22e-2d30-486c-b781-69c21928a48e_text.gif

DreamfinderGuy

Unless....GM drops their contract and it can become The Rusteez Racing Center..That McQueen Animatronic at DHS would work fine in the preshow area.
Considering the odd route Epcot is going now a days..
My constant worry since they started working on EPCOT isn't that GM will drop out, it's that Disney won't let GM renew whenever their contract is up.

But with how much of a money pit EPCOT has been recently, I think we're probably good for a while

Disstevefan1

My constant worry since they started working on EPCOT isn't that GM will drop out, it's that Disney won't let GM renew whenever their contract is up.

But with how much of a money pit EPCOT has been recently, I think we're probably good for a while
I would like to know the reasoning as to why Disney would not let GM renew? As in, Disney saying, “GM please stop giving us money”.

Having said that, we are seeing Disney do things that defy logic all the time recently.

DreamfinderGuy

I would like to know the reasoning as to why Disney would not let GM renew? As in, Disney saying, “GM please stop giving us money”.

Having said that, we are seeing Disney do things that defy logic all the time recently.
The whole reason I don't see it happening now is that Disney is in no position to reject handouts, but my concern is that it has become sort of an EPCOT black sheep. They don't really do corporate sponsorships anymore, and the attraction not promoting some kind of film makes it go against the grain of the changing theme of EPCOT and every recent attraction opening. Disney forcing Glidden out of their Innoventions space prior to their contract ending comes to mind as a recent example, when they have an idea for a space they'll cut the sponsor money coming in to do it.

Disstevefan1

The whole reason I don't see it happening now is that Disney is in no position to reject handouts, but my concern is that it has become sort of an EPCOT black sheep. They don't really do corporate sponsorships anymore, and the attraction not promoting some kind of film makes it go against the grain of the changing theme of EPCOT and every recent attraction opening. Disney forcing Glidden out of their Innoventions space prior to their contract ending comes to mind as a recent example, when they have an idea for a space they'll cut the sponsor money coming in to do it.
Ha, Disney loves corporate sponsorships! It's just that corporations do not need spend money on sponsorships since the WWW.

If Disney "forced" Glidden out of innoventions it was money related.

Disney LOVES MONEY!!

Cmdr_Crimson

Makes we question what the agreement is with Hyundai recently especially with the new commercial that came out..

DreamfinderGuy

If Disney "forced" Glidden out of innoventions it was money related.
Glidden signed five years in 2015, right when Disney was starting to wind down operations of Innoventions. Also why they only signed a one year contract with Murata in 2017, still allowed them to have something else in Innoventions without causing it to stay open longer than Glidden was causing it to. Eventually they came to an agreement to terminate the contract early because Disney wanted to get started with the Creations/Connections project. Even if they allowed the contract to run its full term, it would have been an example of Disney not allowing a sponsor to renew because they wanted the space back.

DreamfinderGuy

In the traditional EPCOT sense, I mean. Tron is something that Disney wanted to do regardless, and Enterprise was happy to pay to stick their logo on it. Plus, the focus remains promoting a Disney film rather than a 3rd party company's product. GM still had creative control in this last Test Track overhaul and has significant in-park space to sell their product that Enterprise does not have. I don't think that's something that the company in the state it's in today would be quick to do again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom