Test Track & WoM Connections

Testtrack321

Original Poster
While WoM will be missed by many, there are two hidden reminders of this long gone attraction in the new ride, Test Track.

1.) In the que line, the old car on blocks is from the origional WoM ride.

2.) During the scean where the truck almost runs into you, the driver is a famous person from the WoM ride. He has a name and was inserted by Ward Kimbal to poke fun at his political stature. In WoM he was a car salesman. In Test Track he drives a semi. This figure with sunglasses is no other than Richard Nixon.

JLW11Hi

Originally posted by Testtrack321
He has a name and was inserted by Ward Cambell to poke fun at his political stature.

Ha! Thats awesome. I've never heard that before! But just for the record, its Ward Kimbal, not Cambel ;)

Captain Cab

Originally posted by Testtrack321
He has a name and was inserted by Ward Kimbal to poke fun at his political stature. In WoM he was a car salesman. In Test Track he drives a semi. This figure with sunglasses is no other than Richard Nixon.

The website http://www.jimhillmedia.com reported this a while back and explained why Nixon was in the Babylonian scene and not as the car salesman. (Feb 21, 2003 in the "Why For" section).

After carefully reviewing every scene in the show, Kimball finally found what he was looking for in "World of Motion"'s Babylonian throne room sequence. Do you remember those three hopeful inventors who stood before the smiling and nodding king? In particular the AA figure with the thick black beard who was clutching a triangle shaped wheel? That character was wearing Richard Nixon's face.

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
I've never seen anyone driving that truck! Something to look forward to next trip. I'll also have to pull out my vhs copy of WoM to check out all the AAs. I know that on what seems like EVERY ride there is an AA that looks like Sid Caesar.

Kenan

...actually, its Lyndon Baines Johnson, not Nixon.
Me and Johnson are good buds, lol.
btw, he is also wearing a Hawaian Lei.

RobVanDam

Originally posted by Kenan
...actually, its Lyndon Baines Johnson, not Nixon.
Me and Johnson are good buds, lol.
btw, he is also wearing a Hawaian Lei.

yep .. its good ol LBJ .. wearing sunglasses and a lei .. oh yea plus its only a cardboard cut out .. and not an actual dummy/AA

Well another remnant of TWOM is in the Magic Kingdom at Goofy's Barnstormer.. Most of you know bout it probably, but the hens in the queue line are originally from TWOM

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom