Test Track Vehicles

attisb

Original Poster
I know that the cars on Test Track have four wheel that are visible, but that there are also others on the vehicle that are hidden. Could someone please post a picture or a drawing of what the hidden part looks like. Thanks.

MrNonacho

Premium Member
You can check out the patent for the Indiana Jones EMV system here. I'm not sure how similar the two systems are, but they're bound to have some things in common. The text and diagrams nearly made my head explode.

From what I can tell, the following picture is a head-on drawing of the stuff under the track, beneath the "slot." You can see the wheels you're talking about adjacent to the circular rails.

Attachments

• guts.gif
    guts.gif
    8.3 KB · Views: 315

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I don't have any diagrams, but there are a total of 22 wheels on each Test Track vehicle, with 4 being visible.

grandmath

I'd like to know the differences between IJA and Test Track... is it just the speed and movment? Basically, what are the main capabilities of both?

attisb

Original Poster
Originally posted by grandmath
I'd like to know the differences between IJA and Test Track... is it just the speed and movment? Basically, what are the main capabilities of both?

From what I found on the internet and from this thread is that IJA has front and rear wheel independent steering and TT has just front wheel steering.

Tom

Beta Return
Vehicles

Originally posted by grandmath

IJA vehicles are more like Dinosaur vehicles. They're motion-simulation bodies, on a test-track chassis. Test Track vehicles have 22 wheels, most of which swivel to allow the sharp turns, and are only capable of moving forward and backwards. IJA and Dinosaur vehicles' upper bodies are on pneumatic pistons, and thrust around as if you're riding on rough terrain, when actually, the chassis of the vehicles are riding along on a smooth floor with a track/slot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom