Tell me about APPLE CARPLAY

Skywise

I just recently got a car with apple carplay support (I have an iPhone) along with my first car having push button start! So everything but EVERYTHING is practically touchless. But what surprised me is that you MUST connect the iPhone via a USB-Lightning cable for CarPlay to work. It won't work over bluetooth. Some higher end cars do support wireless CarPlay and starting next year it will become more common place. Ironically - I can connect the iPhone to the car stereo via bluetooth and use the phone, text and music options built into the stereo. But not CarPlay!

lazyboy97o

I just recently got a car with apple carplay support (I have an iPhone) along with my first car having push button start! So everything but EVERYTHING is practically touchless. But what surprised me is that you MUST connect the iPhone via a USB-Lightning cable for CarPlay to work. It won't work over bluetooth. Some higher end cars do support wireless CarPlay and starting next year it will become more common place. Ironically - I can connect the iPhone to the car stereo via bluetooth and use the phone, text and music options built into the stereo. But not CarPlay!
CarPlay and Android Auto are both rather power intensive which is why they widely require a physical connection.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom