Team Heroes - Stanza V: Holiday World

James G.

I’m not sure I completely understand.
Is the artwork you mentioned like a painting or drawing or something? The Holiday Hotel write up had a picture of a building described as being Idaho-Montana style architecture. I thought that would be good for the central section of the hotel, like where check-in and probably a restaurant would be, but there are four wings to the hotel, each being themed to a different holiday. I wondered if you could create artwork showing what each wing would look like on the outside (Christmas, Halloween, etc.), like each of the Pop Sports or Pop Culture Hotels at WDW are decorated outside to their individual themes. The architecture of each hotel is pretty basic, motel-style, but the ornamentation is themed to the individual hotel.

Brer Oswald

Is the artwork you mentioned like a painting or drawing or something? The Holiday Hotel write up had a picture of a building described as being Idaho-Montana style architecture. I thought that would be good for the central section of the hotel, like where check-in and probably a restaurant would be, but there are four wings to the hotel, each being themed to a different holiday. I wondered if you could create artwork showing what each wing would look like on the outside (Christmas, Halloween, etc.), like each of the Pop Sports or Pop Culture Hotels at WDW are decorated outside to their individual themes. The architecture of each hotel is pretty basic, motel-style, but the ornamentation is themed to the individual hotel.
For example, last prompt I designed the characters for our Lego attraction. What you’re describing seems a little much, but I’ll see what I can do.

And yes, it’s a drawing.

James G.

I asked @Outbound to repost the maps he put on the first thread that I can't find. If they appear here, that's why. All is cool. I'm getting organized to come up with the $$$ figures, which will probably be a combination of research and pulling them out of my...uh...never mind.

Outbound

Here is the image.

Attachments

• HolidayWorldResort.JPG
    HolidayWorldResort.JPG
    157.3 KB · Views: 212

James G.

Holiday World benefits from its location in that construction costs are significantly lower in its rural location than in larger metropolitan cities. It also has much lower land costs and property values, making purchasing needed property not already owned by Holiday World much less expensive than similar parks in more metropolitan areas.

Spreading the renovations and expansions over a ten-year-period would minimize the impact these would have on visitors to this seasonal park. Major construction and renovation will be done during off-season in areas already open to visitors. Construction of facilities on property not currently open to visitors (hotel, subway, new lands) could occur year-round with minimal impact on park visitors.

PHASE ONE
Holiday Hotel (new facility based on cost of $80,000/room, plus hotel guest services)- $26,000,000
Subway to connect Holiday Hotel to new Santa's Merry Marketplace- $2,000,000
New parking lot- $2,000,000
Santa's Merry Marketplace (former Christmas Land)- $13,000,000
Santa's Grotto (new land)- $55,000,000
Halloween (refurbishment and renovation)- $29,000,000
Fourth of July (refurbishment and renovation)- $19,000,000
Thanksgiving (refurbishment and renovation)- $31,000,000
PHASE TWO
April Fool's Day (new land)- $26,000,000
Valentine's Day (new land)- $31,000,000
PHASE THREE
Splashin' Safari (refurbishment) $2,000,000
Kraken Bay (new sub-land) $14,000,000

Total cost for all three phases of renovation, refurbishment and expansion- $250,000,000

Last edited:

Evilgidgit

Holiday World benefits from its location in that construction costs are significantly lower in its rural location than in larger metropolitan cities. It also has much lower land costs and property values, making purchasing needed property not already owned by Holiday World much less expensive than similar parks in more metropolitan areas.

Spreading the renovations and expansions over a ten-year-period would minimize the impact these would have on visitors to this seasonal park. Major construction and renovation will be done during off-season in areas already open to visitors. Construction of facilities on property not currently open to visitors (hotel, subway, new lands) could occur year-round with minimal impact on park visitors.

PHASE ONE
Holiday Hotel (new facility based on cost of $80,000/room, plus hotel guest services)- $26,000,000
Subway to connect Holiday Hotel to new Santa's Merry Marketplace- $2,000,000
New parking lot- $2,000,000
Santa's Merry Marketplace (former Christmas Land)- $13,000,000
Santa's Grotto (new land)- $55,000,000
Halloween (refurbishment and renovation)- $29,000,000
Fourth of July (refurbishment and renovation)- $19,000,000
Thanksgiving (refurbishment and renovation)- $31,000,000
PHASE TWO
April Fool's Day (new land)- $26,000,000
Valentine's Day (new land)- $31,000,000
PHASE THREE
Splashin' Safari (refurbishment) $2,000,000
Kraken Bay (new sub-land) $14,000,000

Total cost for all three phases of renovation, refurbishment and expansion- $250,000,000

Excellent work.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom