Tropical Storm Milton possibly coming to FL 10/9

Touchdown

Original Poster
IMG_6589.jpeg

It’s unfortunately time to fire off a new hurricane thread. In the last 12 hours the models have changed and it seems increasingly likely invest 92L (the red X in the gulf) will develop in the Gulf of Mexico today and then traverse the FL peninsula Wednesday Oct 9. Model currently shows a track either hitting Orlando directly or traveling south of it. It’s also currently forecasted to become a Cat 2. This is however subject to change and won’t be fully firmed up until NHC starts forecasting specifically for this system, which will likely occur in the next 24 hours.

I’m currently down here and are supposed to leave that day (with a MNSSHP the 8.). I just booked a Plan B flight on points for Tues morning.

Last edited:

vikescaper

A note… This is not the original “orange blob” in the Gulf. The invest is the remains of a storm on the western coast of Mexico that is showing favorable signals for organization since crossing over land.
And we are still expecting plenty of rain from the original orange blob the next few days. I’m really hoping that whatever comes of the new invest, that it stays on the weaker side.

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
I mean it traversed one of the narrowest parts of a continent, it’s not like storms recognize ocean boundaries.
That is not what i meant. I never noticed seeing one that was born in the Pacific coming over to Florida. The question is about if this is or is not typical. Just because I’ve never seen it doesn’t mean it doesn’t happen

Thought maybe someone around here knew the answer

vikescaper

That is not what i meant. I never noticed seeing one that was born in the Pacific coming over to Florida. The question is about if this is or is not typical. Just because I’ve never seen it doesn’t mean it doesn’t happen

Thought maybe someone around here knew the answer
It can happen. I’ve been seeing meteorologists say that the expected track of the projected storm is unusual, though.

ToTBellHop

This could be very serious for Central Florida. Let’s hope the course changes.

Between the currently-approaching system and now this, not a spectacular week for a WDW visit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom