Original Poster
The Brave Little Taylor - 8:00pm

The Story of Robin Hood - 8:15pm

The Sign of Zorro - 9:45pm

Toby Tyler - 11:30pm

Walt Disney Presents: Tricks of Our Trade - 1:15am

Pete's Dragon [1977] - 2:15am

Fuzzbucket - 4:30am

It'll be interesting the see if The Story of Robin Hood is a new HD print. The current DVD is sourced from the old VHS/Laserdisc master and it's not so good.

prberk

Toby Tyler is a favorite of mine.

I've never actually watched it all the way through, but Kevin Corcoran, who plays the title role, was in a lot of Disney movies, and I thought he was a great choice for the fun, rambunctious boy he usually played. He had an air of realism in a lot of those roles, not the perfect Hollywood star.

I actually had the pleasure of meeting his frequent co-star, Tommy Kirk, at D23 in 2015, and he said at that time that Kevin didn't go out much any more; but since Kevin passed away not too many months later with a form of cancer, I figure that Tommy knew he was sick but was being gracious in his reference to his former co-star.

I think the Disney lot used to be a great place for young actors and actresses.

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
The Tricks of Our Trade was phenomenal! As a fan of animation and its history, it was incredibly interesting to see all the techniques and technology they used back then. Seeing some of the Nine Old Men in action was an awesome bonus too.

Princess Leia

I had no idea that Disney had made a live action version of Robin Hood until Wednesday night! It isn’t anything like the Errol Flynn version, but I enjoyed it just the same. There were a couple moments that actually seemed to have been borrowed for the later animated film.

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
The Tricks of Our Trade was phenomenal! As a fan of animation and its history, it was incredibly interesting to see all the techniques and technology they used back then. Seeing some of the Nine Old Men in action was an awesome bonus too.

I had no idea that Disney had made a live action version of Robin Hood until Wednesday night! It isn’t anything like the Errol Flynn version, but I enjoyed it just the same. There were a couple moments that actually seemed to have been borrowed for the later animated film.

I didn't get a chance to see this month's broadcast, but I'm glad others are enjoying it and seeing more of Walt's work for the first time. It's why I keep posting the schedules and reminders for everyone else. :)

prberk

I am not 100% certain, but I believe that this version of Robin Hood was made as part of some requirement that profits from their English (country) box office had to be re-invested in production in England, which resulted in several live action films, this one included, being filmed there. It was easier to make a live-action film there than to set up an English animation studio.

I know that that they did make some early live-action films there for that reason, and while I am almost sure that this was one of them, I could me mistaken.

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
I am not 100% certain, but I believe that this version of Robin Hood was made as part of some requirement that profits from their English (country) box office had to be re-invested in production in England, which resulted in several live action films, this one included, being filmed there. It was easier to make a live-action film there than to set up an English animation studio.

I know that that they did make some early live-action films there for that reason, and while I am almost sure that this was one of them, I could me mistaken.

It was. The second after Treasure Island.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom