The Absent-Minded Professor (1961) - 8:00pm

Son of Flubber (1963) - 10:00pm

The World's Greatest Athlete (1973) - 12:00am

The Olympic Champ (1942) (short) - 2:00am

The Strongest Man in the World (1975) - 2:00am

How to Play Football (1944) (short) - 4:00am

Gus (1976) - 4:00am

prberk

Thanks. Looking forward to this installment. I think the only one of these I've seen is Gus.
You should definitely watch "The Absent-Minded Professor." It is an absolute Disney live-action classic. It captured the tone of the era and featured Disney favorites from the MMC and its serials and of course Fred McMurray. "Son of Flubber" is its sequel and also good, but the definitive classic is "The Absent-Minded Professor."

Goofy's "How to Play Football" is a classic as well, among his series of "How to" cartoons.

SosoDude

You should definitely watch "The Absent-Minded Professor."

Goofy's "How to Play Football" is a classic as well, among his series of "How to" cartoons.

I've definitely seen the Goofy short, but not the feature films. On second thought, it seems like I remember the Son of Flubber, with maybe a scene with basketball players jumping all around ? Either way it will be good to see both again.

prberk

I've definitely seen the Goofy short, but not the feature films. On second thought, it seems like I remember the Son of Flubber, with maybe a scene with basketball players jumping all around ? Either way it will be good to see both again.

Yes, you are right about the basketball players. Let me know what you think about the movies.

I always thought that Disney films with Tommy Kirk, Kevin Corcoran, and Tim Considine were fun when I was growing up. They were in reruns by then, as was the Mickey Mouse Club with the serials where they were featured along with Annette Funicello. They all had some of the same aesthetic, I suppose, as black and white family TV sitcoms of the time period -- and perhaps a little unrealistic -- but all did a good job of getting into the minds of kids and treating them as main characters. They were fun.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom