Tapestry Of Dreams

MAGIC FANTASMIC

Original Poster
Can anyone please tell me what has happened to Epcots Tapestry of Dreams parade? I am visiting WDW in September and was looking forward to seeing this Parade once more. Why has it been stopped?

meeko_33785

First of all, Welcome to WDWMAGIC! :)

Tapestry of Dreams ended when the 100 Years of Magic celebration ended. Tapestry of Dreams/ Tapestry of Nations ran for about 4 years, which is a pretty good run for a day parade. No replacement is in site though. We may have to wait for the next celebration to start up before we see one though (maybe 2006 for the 35th Anniversary.)

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Tapestry of Dreams was removed primarily due to the lack of interest shown by most Epcot park guests. Other contributing factors were Cast injuries, record low ratings for a WDW parade (ranked lower than Mulan parade), and staffing difficulties. Primarily though, it was the lack of interest from guests

Dizknee_Phreek

Originally posted by mkt
Tapestry of Dreams was removed primarily due to the lack of interest shown by most Epcot park guests. Other contributing factors were Cast injuries, record low ratings for a WDW parade (ranked lower than Mulan parade), and staffing difficulties. Primarily though, it was the lack of interest from guests

that kind of surprises me! i always considered it one of Disney's best parades. cast injuries i can definately understand...i can only imagine how many back injuries there were! but it's just kinda hard for me to believe that it had record low ratings...it was such an inspirational parade, imo! :(

sillyspook13

My mom works for risk management at Disney. Many of the injuries she has looked into (prior to March, 2003) have fallen into two categories: stunt performers (understandable) and Tapestry of Dreams. The parade was a pain- literally! And figuratively according to many guests.:zipit:

RickEff

Originally posted by mkt

I'm curious - how did Tapestry of Nations rate?

mkt

Premium Member
Originally posted by RickEff
I'm curious - how did Tapestry of Nations rate?

El Rio del Tiempo had higher ratings as far as Epcot attractions go...

disneydawg

Its sad to hear that the parade is no more. I didnt even know that till I read this thread. I'm going down in 2 days and that was one of the things I was really looking forward to.

crowdcontroltap

Hey Yall!
Yeah its sad to say there is no more Tapestry of Nations Parade. It was a part of my life for half of 2001 because I was assigned crowd control in front of Mexico and Norway. I loved it and had alot of great friends in the parade. I will miss it. There were some back injuries and a knee collapsing due to wind....the wind plays with those puppets dread fully and it can do damage. There are reports of another parade coming to Epcot in 2005 I believe. They are designing floats that will be able to fit through the gates at Mexico, Germany, Morocco, and the United Kingdom. This parade will feature the Disney Characters in a dream like sequence from what Ive been told from a very reliable source. Take care

mkt

Premium Member
those same sources that told me a character parade was coming to Epcot, have now told me not to expect anything. They had told me a Fantasia-esque parade using Lightmagic Technology would be coming.... and now nada...

Bahamagirl

Originally posted by MAGIC FANTASMIC
Can anyone please tell me what has happened to Epcots Tapestry of Dreams parade? I am visiting WDW in September and was looking forward to seeing this Parade once more. Why has it been stopped?
:cry: We plan our entire day around that parade. We will miss it :cry:
Two weeks to Disney:sohappy:
To all who come to this happy place: Welcome

AdLibSean

Originally posted by mkt
El Rio del Tiempo had higher ratings as far as Epcot attractions go...

Rob- are you talking about ToN, or ToD? I thought You had in another post that the original, Tapestry of Nations was ranked third in all time guest favorites- behind MSEP and Spectro.:veryconfu

mkt

Premium Member
I'm speaking in reference to ToD. ToN at the time of the post was 3rd

Dizknee_Phreek

oh ok! that was confusing me a bit too! but i understand now....and i agree. i loved ToN, but i wasn't fond of ToD (mainly because they changed ToN a bit and i hated that they did that)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom