Taking granddaughter with AP without her mom

J Hedge

Original Poster
I think I know the answer, but would like some confirmation. We took our 4 and 9 year old granddaughters to DW this past Feb. & bought them annual passes. I seem to recall that when we went through the turnstiles at the parks the girl's mom had to scan her fingerprint for the 4 y.o.
We're going again in a couple of weeks & are now planning on taking the 4 y.o., but mom's not going this time. Are we going to have any headaches getting her into the parks without mom's fingerprint? I can't imagine we would, but I'd like to be as prepared as I can.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
This is such a poor idea that Disney seems to encourage.
I would probably head directly to guest services outside of your first park and ask them to reset it and then show your grand daughter how to do it herself.
Take note of what finger she uses and make sure you are consistently reminding her of the proper finger so she doesn't put any finger on and have it turn blue a ton of times.
Putting your finger on is very easy compared to the first gen biometrics of the early 2000's.

J Hedge

Original Poster
Thanks Queen!
I found this question Poised to the Mom's panel on Disney's website. They said all we'll have to do is tell the cast member at the turnstile and they'll enroll Grandma's fingerprint for us.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Thanks Queen!
I found this question Poised to the Mom's panel on Disney's website. They said all we'll have to do is tell the cast member at the turnstile and they'll enroll Grandma's fingerprint for us.
And then mom takes her and again a change will need to be made. A 4 year old can easily be taught to do it so they can go with anyone and not have a hassle each time they visit. Also take that answer with a grain of salt as they are often outdated or plain old incorrect.

J Hedge

Original Poster
Good point about the Mom's panel - I often wonder about their accuracy or the accuracy of any cast member, for that matter. Very often feels like a right hand not knowing what the left hand's doing scenario...

I agree that she'll be able to use the fingerprint scanner herself, but last time the cast member told her mom she needed to do it so I'm looking at it from that angle.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom