Taking a cab to WDW.. quick question

drewfoshooo

Original Poster
I'm going to be in town next weekend for ESPN the Weekend and was wondering something..

Chances are I'm going to be taking a cab from my offsite resort, the Orlando Vista Hotel, and I was wondering where do you guys prefer to be dropped off if that's the case. When I was on I-Drive for a trip to Universal a year ago, the one day we went to Disney we took a cab and were dropped off at DHS. We paid the parking fee. It was lame.

I'm guessing the best place to be dropped off is Downtown Disney or cheapest fare and access to the Disney buses? Can you get into the TTC without paying the MK parking? Any help is greatly appreciated.

nepalostparks

I'm not sure about having to pay the parking fee, hopefully someone else can help with that question.

In regards to getting dropped off at Downtown Disney, keep in mind if you are planning on going to one of the parks, you'll have to take a bus to a resort, then take bus to the parks. It could add signifigant time to your traveling around.

If you can't get around the parking fee... I would say take a cab to one of the resorts near DHS, then walk/boat/bus over. You shouldn't have to pay any parking fee to get into the resorts to be dropped off.

kirksheppard

The Orlando Vista (my favorite off site hotel!) is so close to DTD, you could consider skipping the cab altogether. Its a bit of a walk, but during the day it wouldn't be so bad. Also, the Vista USED to have shuttles going to all the parks, so that also might be an option. If I were going to spring for a cab, though, I'd just get dropped off at the Studios (and if you're just being dropped off, there's no reason why they should charge the parking fee . . . I've dropped off others often with no issue).

tizzo

I would say get dropped off at a resort, depending on where you want to go. DHS and Epcot are accessible by boat or foot from several resorts including Swan, Dolphin, Yacht and Beach clubs, etc. If you're going to MK maybe the Poly or GF and take the Monorail.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom