Take away Disney, what is the best park?

Walt Disney1955

Original Poster
Imagine if Disney never existed in the first place. There is no Disneyland, there is no Disney World. What would be the best park to visit in your mind? Now let's ignore the fact that Disneyland set the bar for a lot of parks and drew inspiration for stuff like Universal Studios, but let's pretend those parks exist regardless without Disneyland being there. What is your favourite(s) park?

Universal? Busch? Sea World? Any Six Flags? Dollywood?

PyroKinesis

First off, we have to separate "theme" parks and "amusement" parks. Theme parks are parks like Disney, Universal, etc, parks that have a central theme. Amusement parks are those like Six Flags and the Cedar Fair chain.

So, since you are in fact asking for the best theme park, I would have to say Universal Orlando.

Walt Disney1955

Original Poster
Keep the theme and amusement parks together since it is very much the same idea and I would assume there would be people on here that will pick either one

javy2004

i'd have to say busch gardens tampa bay. it looks great, the roller coasters are more inspired than your typical coasters, and i go to a baby rhino running along next to me on the train in the park... too awesome. IoA is second for me due to WWHP, butterbeer, and the over the top level of soaked-ness levels achieved in popeye's ride

PyroKinesis

Keep the theme and amusement parks together since it is very much the same idea and I would assume there would be people on here that will pick either one

No they aren't. You have to separate them because they are FAR from the same idea. AGAIN, amusement parks focus on thrills, theme parks focus on the theme at hand, for instance, Disney movies, Universal Movies, etc.

Please, get it right before you ask questions.

Walt Disney1955

Original Poster
No they aren't. You have to separate them because they are FAR from the same idea. AGAIN, amusement parks focus on thrills, theme parks focus on the theme at hand, for instance, Disney movies, Universal Movies, etc.

Well if you've noticed the answers on this thread people have answered both types of parks, as I suspected, hence the reason I combined them.

rsoxguy

There is a small park in my neighborhood with swings and courts for volleyball and basketball. On cool days, it's quite pleasant to sit and enjoy the breeze. I'll go with that one.

majortom1981

I would have to say great adventure. This park would have been built to warner LeRoys original vision if people gave it a chance. Also the original theming was great and matched disneys until six flags took it over.

pluto77

I'm glad that you pointed out that there is a difference, but there is no need to be so rude about the OP's question. The OP never mentioned the word "amusement" or "theme" in his original post. He simply wanted to know what PARK people would prefer other than Disney. Also, most theme parks could be considered amusement parks (I would hope theme parks are amusing anyway), and a lot of amusement parks have areas that are themed inside of them (even if the park as a whole isn't necessarily themed) so they really aren't "far from different".

Anyway, I would pick Cedar Point in Ohio and probably Islands of Adventure. But neither of them are vacation "destinations" for me so I probably wouldn't have even been to Islands of Adventure if Disney wasn't around, unless I had another reason to visit Orlando. (I live pretty close to Cedar Point)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom