Switching Magicbands Question

WendyTinkerbell

Original Poster
How easy is it to switch between MagicBands???

We are have annual passes that are already linked to MBs. When go again, we have two different reservations, so I can order two more MBs.

How easy is it to switch between MBs and keep the APs, FPs and the ability to open the door at the room linked to the band? For example, what if I want to switch between the bands each day?

Has anyone else done this?

Thanks ,
Wendy

JohnD

Nothing changes. You can use MBs you have already or the new ones that you'll be sent. I've read about women choosing colors to match their outfits. (Not making this up. Actually read that somewhere.) Whatever MB you use is linked to your account and pulls up the same info.

Tom

Beta Return
Any Magic Band that is linked to your My Disney Experience account will work for any reservation you have. If you lose one, or decide to stop using one, be sure to un-link it.

Otherwise, it's as easy as putting on another band.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
How easy is it to switch between MagicBands???

We are have annual passes that are already linked to MBs. When go again, we have two different reservations, so I can order two more MBs.

How easy is it to switch between MBs and keep the APs, FPs and the ability to open the door at the room linked to the band? For example, what if I want to switch between the bands each day?

Has anyone else done this?

Thanks ,
Wendy
Have done this several times. Always match the band to my outfit!

durangojim

Yep, just make sure they're all linked to your account and you're good to go! We did this a couple of weeks ago, each of us would switch our MBs every day and they all worked as our room key, ticket, and payment option. My wife and I have Premier passes, so no issue there.

WendyTinkerbell

Original Poster
Does anyone know what happens if someone tries to use someone else's band to enter the park. Like I accidentally grab my husbands MagicBand and we both go to the parks. Is there something in the system monitors that band that it is already scanned for entry into Magic Kingdom?

Has anyone tried this?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Does anyone know what happens if someone tries to use someone else's band to enter the park. Like I accidentally grab my husbands MagicBand and we both go to the parks. Is there something in the system monitors that band that it is already scanned for entry into Magic Kingdom?

Has anyone tried this?
You still have to scan your finger in addition to scanning the MagicBand, so the biometrics would not match if you used someone else's band.

stevehousse

Has anyone tried this?
I would assume u would check the name on the band before u left ur room to make sure u have the correct one

WendyTinkerbell

Original Poster
Ah, that's true, I forgot about the finger scan. I don't think my finger scan worked right after the first day on our last trip. Sometimes they just let you through, and sometimes you have to show your ID.

Tom

Beta Return
And be sure to deactivate a band in your account if you lose it or won't be using it. If you have multiple in the same color, take pictures of the inside, where the serial number is, so you know which one is missing.

SMS55

I have my bands from my trip two months ago. I am going this weekend and I received an email that I have new ones waiting for me at check in. Now I would rather just keep the old ones as they are linked to my account and everything else. Can I add the new ones and book more fast passes or am i only allowed to have one at a time on there?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I have my bands from my trip two months ago. I am going this weekend and I received an email that I have new ones waiting for me at check in. Now I would rather just keep the old ones as they are linked to my account and everything else. Can I add the new ones and book more fast passes or am i only allowed to have one at a time on there?
You can have multiple bands linked to your MDE account and use whichever bands you prefer. However, having more than one band does not allow you more fastpass picks. The bands only point to your profile on MDE, they do not "store" fastpass choices. Everyone is allowed 3 FP+ in one park per day only.

cspencer96

A good way for people to understand this, from my experience, is to explain that the MagicBand is simply a faster way of pointing the devices you touch to your My Disney Experience account. You don't link tickets, APs, FastPasses, PhotoPass, or anything to your band - you link them to your My Disney Experience account. The MagicBand is also linked to this account, just like the green Cards. Because it isn't the band storing anything, you can freely change between any MagicBand that shows up under "MagicBands and Cards" on your My Disney Experience account.

RonAnnArbor

Here's an even better way to explain it -- the ONLY thing your Magic Band has "programmed" on it is a number. that number corresponds with your "My Disney Experience" account -- any new Magic band just gets the same number programmed in it. You can use any of your existing bands or the new one. There is nothing "magid" at all about these bands -- just a number stored on them.

Tom

Beta Return
Here's an even better way to explain it -- the ONLY thing your Magic Band has "programmed" on it is a number. that number corresponds with your "My Disney Experience" account -- any new Magic band just gets the same number programmed in it. You can use any of your existing bands or the new one. There is nothing "magid" at all about these bands -- just a number stored on them.

Slight clarification....the number on each MB is pre-programmed and embedded in the transmitters. It's the 12-digit S/N printed on the inside of the band. Any new back will have a unique number assigned to it, which will then be linked to an MDE account.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom