Switch AK and HS day?

Patcheslee

We have our current plan for June as follows right now.
  • Day 1 arrive 10am
  • Day 2 EP (Coral Reef)
  • Day 3 MK (Fathers Day dinner at BOG)
  • Day 4 rest/water parks
  • Day 5 AK (Tusker House)rope drop
  • Day 6 HS (Mama Melrose)rope drop
  • Day 7 rest/ waterparks
  • Day 8 EP
  • Day 9 MK (Cinderellas Table)
  • Day 10 Disney Springs until 4pm, leave for flight
Disney has released more EMM hours and one falls on our HS day. We don't plan on TSL at all, RnR, ToT, and (random 3rd) for FP, Jedi Training sign up. AK FOP if possible FP.
We aren't morning people but if they release After Hours for AK or HS we might do 1.
So 2 questions: Would you switch the 2 days around to have a better chance at possibly having After Hours since HS already has EMM that day? Would EMH ppl get to line up earlier than rope drop for Jedi Training or see a big difference in availability?

Shouldigo12

Ok, just to clarify, you are going to HS on a day you have EMM. Disney has not yet released days for After hours at AK or HS, but if/when they do you are wondering if you should do an After Hours at AK of at HS?

If that's the case, I would say which one you choose to do After Hours at largely depends on which one has the most things you want to see. If you're already doing EMM at HS, and aren't interested in TSL, then I would say do After Hours at AK, unless the other atttactions at HS holds a lot of appeal to you and your family and you really want to make sure you can see them all.

Upvote 0

Patcheslee

Original Poster
Ok, just to clarify, you are going to HS on a day you have EMM. Disney has not yet released days for After hours at AK or HS, but if/when they do you are wondering if you should do an After Hours at AK of at HS?

If that's the case, I would say which one you choose to do After Hours at largely depends on which one has the most things you want to see. If you're already doing EMM at HS, and aren't interested in TSL, then I would say do After Hours at AK, unless the other atttactions at HS holds a lot of appeal to you and your family and you really want to make sure you can see them all.
We are not doing any EMM, but our TS dining was already reserved for park days. We are hoping for After Hours for either of the parks, June date have not been officially released, but MDE is already showing AK being extended to June though. How likely is EMM going to mess with Jedi Training signups for non EMM people? Am I better off switching days to get it?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190324-123616_Disney World.jpg
    Screenshot_20190324-123616_Disney World.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 128
Upvote 0

aliceismad

IF Disney releases more DAH events and if they follow the previous schedule, MK has had DAH on select Mondays and Thursdays, AK on Tuesday and Wednesdays, and HS on Saturdays.

Upvote 0

JohnD

We have our current plan for June as follows right now.
  • Day 1 arrive 10am
  • Day 2 EP (Coral Reef)
  • Day 3 MK (Fathers Day dinner at BOG)
  • Day 4 rest/water parks
  • Day 5 AK (Tusker House)rope drop
  • Day 6 HS (Mama Melrose)rope drop
  • Day 7 rest/ waterparks
  • Day 8 EP
  • Day 9 MK (Cinderellas Table)
  • Day 10 Disney Springs until 4pm, leave for flight
Disney has released more EMM hours and one falls on our HS day. We don't plan on TSL at all, RnR, ToT, and (random 3rd) for FP, Jedi Training sign up. AK FOP if possible FP.
We aren't morning people but if they release After Hours for AK or HS we might do 1.
So 2 questions: Would you switch the 2 days around to have a better chance at possibly having After Hours since HS already has EMM that day? Would EMH ppl get to line up earlier than rope drop for Jedi Training or see a big difference in availability?

You don't say which day of the week "Day 1" falls on. So, for us attempting to offer advice we don't know which days of the week your AK and HS days fall. All I can tell you is that the remaining AK DAH day is on a Wednesday (April 3) and the HS DAH days are Saturdays (3/30, 4/6, 4/13). So, maybe that will help you in your planning. None of us know if DAH will be extended or not.

Upvote 0

JohnD

Day 1 is a Friday June 14th sorry thought the Father Day dinner on Day 3 made sense. Guess 72hr work weeks getting me loopy

It really isn't up to me to look into the weeds on that. Thank you for indicating that Day 1 is a Friday. Anyway, that would put AK on a Tuesday in your original plan. I'm not suggesting you do this but I suppose if you want to hedge your bets, then you could switch your AK and HS days, thereby putting AK on a Wednesday and be on the same day of the week as previous AK DAH events. That decision is up to you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom