Swimming with Dolphins

tizzo

Can you swim with Dolphins at ea World or would we have to take a trip to Discovery Cove??

You can feed and pet dolphins at Sea World, but to get in the water with them you need Discovery Cove.

Never done it personally - too much money. Feeding them in the park is good enough for me. I think it was $3(?) for a tray of fish - this was a few years ago. You have to check the feeding times when you get there and make sure you're on line early enough. Feedings are at specific times throughout the day, only 3 or 4 times I think, and they only let a certain number of people in no matter how many are on line.

wide-eyed2wdw

We have reservations for the Dolphin Experience for December 2010 at Discovery Cove. It is a controlled experience, you don't just get to swim around with them. Search YouTube for videos of the experience and that will give you a better idea of what to expect.

During off peak times, the cost is around $199. That gives you entrance to Discovery Cove (only 1000 people are admitted per day), the dolphin experience, meals and, get this, TEN free admissions to SeaWorld in the 14 day period surrounding your reservation.

Graham9

We did Discovery Cove a few years ago, wanting to swim with the dolphins.

The actual one-on-one swimming experience with yourself and a dolphin lasts about 15 seconds. You swim out a few yards, they call a dolphin, grab hold of a fin, it pulls you in a few yards, thats it.

You can get to hold their snout an kiss them and have your picture taken whilst doing it (costing $$ for photo photocd), but you won't get much more than that.

Discovery Cove with everything else there, is a good visit. But if you go there with the intent of actually spending some time with these creatures, its a bust.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom