Sweetums

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
So it has just occurred to me that there is literally a cast member that plays the part of "Sweetums" in a full-bodied muppet suit during Muppet Vision 3D..... Have they ever used this costume for ANYthing else outside of the attraction? I am very curious and never gave it much thought. Definitely probably the most over-looked cast member participation as a part of any attraction ever!

9518519002_06a3441afc_b.jpg

FoozieBear

He was in a few parades and occasionally did meet and greets whenever MV3D was closed for technical issues.

He's hardly ever outside the attraction though. Indeed a full body cast member has to play the character and it must get super tiring to do the same routine all day long.

Cool fact: Back in the 90s, the attraction character was often performed by John Henson, the son of Jim Henson who also performed Sweetums in Muppet Treasure Island.

Cmdr_Crimson

He was in the short lived Mini Muppet Parade for Volunteering a few years ago..
Muppets+VoluntEAR+Cavalcade+Pre-Parade.jpg

Found on Google
Voluntears-Cavalcade-sweetums.jpg

Found on Google

He also followed Kermit & Piggy in the Stars & Motorcars Parade at the Studios
latest

Found on Google

Other than that he occasionally pops up when they do Promotional shoots with celebrities...
tumblr_nna6z4zEW91r3h53so1_500.jpg

Found on Google

Cmdr_Crimson

They need to make a designated Muppets meet and greet building for various muppet characters.. Like Kermit, Ms. Piggy, Sweetums (since they have the costume), and a brand new muppet mobile lab for the area would be great! :)

They have quite a few...
ON_LOCATION_promot_shot_zps3b712b08.jpg

Found on Google

But, I'm pretty sure they are from the same company (VEE Corportation) who also does Sesame Street: LIVE Tours. They also did Muppet Show LIVE In the mid 80's..
latest

Found on Muppetwiki

IMO I think it's time to say Bye to Phineas & Ferb as the show is now over and they could put the Muppets M&G There OR with the Build onto the Muppet Theater for a M&G ala Magician Mickey and go backstage to meet Kemit, Fozzie etc....

Dan Gilchrist

Am I right in thinking there is a continuity mistake at the end of MV3D. When Swedish chef fires the canon through the wall you can see Sweetums on screen in the background just as the fire engine pulls in. Yet Sweetums is also to the right of the stage. Bugged me every time I watched it as I couldn't clearly make out if it was sweetums on screen or not.

FoozieBear

Am I right in thinking there is a continuity mistake at the end of MV3D. When Swedish chef fires the canon through the wall you can see Sweetums on screen in the background just as the fire engine pulls in. Yet Sweetums is also to the right of the stage. Bugged me every time I watched it as I couldn't clearly make out if it was sweetums on screen or not.
Yep you are indeed right. There is a mistake in how Sweetums is both on-screen and in the theater

willt17

Yep I noticed it when we watched it today I was wondering if my mind was playing tricks on me lol.

Cmdr_Crimson

Yep you are indeed right. There is a mistake in how Sweetums is both on-screen and in the theater

In the original audio version of the attraction Sweetum's line "Wow! Is everyone okay in here?" Is missing..It just goes to the room exploding, Statler & Waldorf's "We Surrender" and then you Hear Sweetum's say "What an Explosion" it was strange to hear it since it's used in the show.

Go to the 13:35 mark to hear it...

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom