Sweetheart Dinner for 2

afavro24

Original Poster
I am taking my wife to WDW a day earlier than the rest of the gang (18 people) and want to do somethign special for our 1 year anniversary. I debating between a couple options...
1. Should we do the sweetheart dining package or just go to a nice restuarant.

2. Is California grill worth the extra $$. I was going to go to Narcoosee's instead.

Thanks in advance!!!

Should probably mention that we are staying in Beach Club that night.

DisGal

California Grill is definitely worth the money. If you want something close to the Beach Club you may want to consider Bistro de Paris in Epcot - romantic, good food, and its a nice walk to/from the BC.

zurgandfriend

I would go with the California Grille it offers a good meal, fantastic view and wishes.
Narcoosee’s has good food and a ground view of wishes.
I agree with DisGal Bistro de Paris is good spot for a romantic dinner. We ate there the first time on our honeymoon, and had a great waiter who did the whole France is for lovers thing.

DisGal

OooOooOo what is a sweetheart dining package???? i will be on my honeymoon in Oct and i'm curious!

Sweetheart Dinner for Two

Dining Extras | Special Experiences |
For those in love and romantics at heart, our Sweetheart Dinners are exceptionally prepared 3-course prix fixe meals for 2 — an ideal way to celebrate any special occasion. Toast with a specially selected beverage in a souvenir glass to commemorate the moment. Available at select signature restaurants.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/planning-guides/in-depth-advice/celebrations/true-love/

afavro24

Original Poster
I have been reading some other posts that say it is not worth the money ($150 or $170 for CG), because you only get the printed menus and the toasting glasses. Also I hear the menu options were limited. Any opinions on this?

DisGal

I have been reading some other posts that say it is not worth the money ($150 or $170 for CG), because you only get the printed menus and the toasting glasses. Also I hear the menu options were limited. Any opinions on this?

I personally wouldn't do the sweetheart dinner package (don't like prefix menus) and would just make a reservation somewhere with the celebration attached to it. Also, you can get a printed menu without the package.

DizneyPryncess

California Grille is worth going to, it's very romantic and is such a special experience. The sweethearts dinner sounds so nice, I hadn't heard of that before. Somewhere like the Cali Grille I don't know if I would do it though, because it's already such a romantic place all on its own. And the food is so so good, I think you might like to choose what you're getting.

Try to schedule it during Wishes. The view is spectacular! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom