Swan & Dolphin

DME

Original Poster
So all the WDW resorts will be rolling out MM+ wristbands by the end of January. Does anyone know about the S and D? I may be there in June and wanted to know if we'll have cards or bands.

Thanks

jlsHouston

When we stayed at the Dolphin at the end of November we had access to FP+ using our Dolphin room keys and park passes. Didn't get a MB for that part of our stay. I bet before June they will have MB's for S and D.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I think Swan and Dolphin have MagicBands now. Saw S&D kiosks in Innoventions last month.

Last edited:

seafoodbuffet

Swan and Dolphin have MagicBands now.

Were you able to do this personally? I have an S&D res but wasn't able to link that to my MDE account and thus, it didn't recognize me as having a reservation that would qualify for MagicBands.

S&D DO qualify for MM+, but it works differently than MagicBands. You go to a special S&D kiosk in each park, show them your room key and they let you make same-day FP+ selections, but you don't get MBs and you don't get to make/modify selections on MDE site/app.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I have confirmed directly with a contact at the Swan and Dolphin that there has been no change since my post above. So currently FastPass+ is available same day in the park at service centers, and no use of MagicBand at this time.

Redhawk

I have confirmed directly with a contact at the Swan and Dolphin that there has been no change since my post above. So currently FastPass+ is available same day in the park at service centers, and no use of MagicBand at this time.
I have been in the parks this week, staying at the Swan. Magic Bands were not available, but I could use FP+ in one park each day by going to a kiosk labeled Swan and Dolphin and making my choices there.

It was great because I was able to double dip and also get paper FP, but I hit a lucky window of opportunity to do that and very soon it will close. A CM in Hollywood Studios told me that by the end of the month all the legacy FP machines will be gone.

Another CM working a kiosk told me that because the Swan and Dolphin are not Disney-owned properties it may be a long time before they can offer Magic Bands, because"it would require an overhaul of the entire system" since the bands operate like the KTTW tickets and include your room key and charging abilities on them and S&D guests have never had that. (However, I take everything a CM says with a grain of salt. Many openly admit that the rollout has been confusing and information has been quite spotty and sometimes inconsistent.)

Soon the FP+ system will open up so all ticket buyers will be able to use it. If you are going to be staying at the Swan or Dolphin in the next few months I would come ack to these forums once a week to see the latest news, as well as the main Disney website.

Also, before I arrived I received emails from the Swan and Dolphin letting me know I would be able to use FP+ in the parks, so you'll probably get information from them as well.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom