Swan/Dolphin - Early Theme Park Entry Eligibility Update

Weather_Lady

Original Poster
FWIW, although Swan/Dolphin was (and remains as of the time of this post) missing from Disney's published list of Early Theme Park Entry ("EPE")-eligible hotels, some sleuths on the Swan & Dolphin Facebook group have obtained and posted screenshots of multiple communiques from CMs on the Disney chat line, as well as written correspondence directly from Marriott (a more reputable source than the chat CMs), all confirming that the omission of Swan and Dolphin from the EPE was in error and that Swan/Dolphin guests will be able to participate in EPE when it starts on 10/1.

No word yet on the status of Shades of Green, which was also omitted from Disney's published EPE eligibility list.

Last edited:

Seth141

From the Swan and Dolphin Facebook page:

We are currently awaiting word from Disney on the status of this. We hope to be able to participate. Stay tuned for more information on that. As soon as we know we will share. Thank you and we hope to see you soon!

Weather_Lady

Original Poster
THIS JUST IN!

So apparently I can't link to the source here. However, it's being reported on at least one well-known site that S&D will be eligible for BOTH Early Park Entry, AND the Extra Evening Hours given to deluxe hotel guests, beginning in October. I think the latter part of that news is more than anybody expected.

Per an e-mail to a member of the S&D Facebook group from Marriott which they shared on social media, an official announcement will be coming later today.

Last edited:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

Daily Magic

So Swan and Dolphin being treated as a Deluxe suddenly makes me need to rethink my upcoming plans. I was going to stay at Y&BC to get the extra hours at night but with S&D being added now I may switch up those plans. I can save a lot of money at S&D and get the perks that matter to me.

asa disney

So if I’m paying over $300 a night for a standard room at Caribbean Beach and all of that money is going into Disney’s pocket, I don’t get the evening extra magic hours, but somebody paying the same at the Dolphin where a lot of the money is going into Marriott’s pocket does. Yet another reason why paying Disney’s exorbitant hotel rates for on property accommodations just isn’t worth it anymore.

DfromATX

This is very good news for me because we're staying there in January. (By the way, I had previously changed our resort from the Poly and saved $1,000.) But... I just called them yesterday to ask if The Swan was included and I was told no. I guess the cast members were not yet aware of it.

Weather_Lady

Original Poster
Good on Swolphin for making it happen, but Disney giving them access to extended evening hours is puzzling unless they were somehow contractually obligated to.
Yeah, I don't think anyone in their wildest dreams thought the evening hours would be extended to S&D. I mean, it was just a few months ago that Disney ceased bus service to those resorts which seems to signal a trend of separating from them. It seems odd that the pendulum would swing back so far in the opposite direction.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
S&D prices (and points) have steadily climbed in the past years. Getting much closer to Beach and Yacht prices.

ReSwolphin is definitely deluxe accommodations (by Disney standards). They have all the amenities that the Disney deluxes have: spa, gym, multiple pools, high end restaurants, character meals, walking distance to parks, etc...

DfromATX

Yeah, I don't think anyone in their wildest dreams thought the evening hours would be extended to S&D. I mean, it was just a few months ago that Disney ceased bus service to those resorts which seems to signal a trend of separating from them. It seems odd that the pendulum would swing back so far in the opposite direction.
We're booked there for January. I was told they do have bus service to the parks.

DfromATX

S&D prices (and points) have steadily climbed in the past years. Getting much closer to Beach and Yacht prices.

ReSwolphin is definitely deluxe accommodations (by Disney standards). They have all the amenities that the Disney deluxes have: spa, gym, multiple pools, high end restaurants, character meals, walking distance to parks, etc...
And back when we had fast passes, they did 60 days out vs 30 for non Disney resorts. I'm happy they are included in the extra hours.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No

You know I hear this a lot but I still find much better rates at the S&D then Disney resorts. In August, I'll be staying at the Swan, all in (resort fees/taxes) for $221 a night. Where else are you going to find that within walking distance to 2 parks? I understand it fluctuates for sure, and they are more expensive than 10 years ago but I still mange to find great rates. In my mind its a deluxe resort, at the bottom tier.

Come January we will be using points to stay at the Swan Reserve, right now they are priced high at around $450 a night, but it won't stay that way unless there is a convention/conference.

DfromATX

You know I hear this a lot but I still find much better rates at the S&D then Disney resorts. In August, I'll be staying at the Swan, all in (resort fees/taxes) for $221 a night. Where else are you going to find that within walking distance to 2 parks? I understand it fluctuates for sure, and they are more expensive than 10 years ago but I still mange to find great rates. In my mind its a deluxe resort, at the bottom tier.

Come January we will be using points to stay at the Swan Reserve, right now they are priced high at around $450 a night, but it won't stay that way unless there is a convention/conference.
We'll be there in January. Originally we were booked for CBR, but then I found out the skyliners would be down while we're there so I changed to the Poly. Then after thinking about it some more (the cost and lack of perks), I decided to change again to the Swan. It was $1,000 less than the Poly!! And now today with this news, I am very happy and feel like I made the right decision. (Just yesterday I called and asked them if these perks were included and they told me no.) Yay!!

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
We'll be there in January. Originally we were booked for CBR, but then I found out the skyliners would be down while we're there so I changed to the Poly. Then after thinking about it some more (the cost and lack of perks), I decided to change again to the Swan. It was $1,000 less than the Poly!! And now today with this news, I am very happy and feel like I made the right decision. (Just yesterday I called and asked them if these perks were included and they told me no.) Yay!!
Good move👍
Keep checking the rates on the Marriott website leading up to your trip. They typically go down a bit. Can’t hurt to check every so often.

DfromATX

Good move👍
Keep checking the rates on the Marriott website leading up to your trip. They typically go down a bit. Can’t hurt to check every so often.
I will, thank you. This will be our first time staying there. It looks really nice so I'm pretty excited.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom