SW Celebration Anaheim 2020 Cancelled

AJFireman

They originally canceled back in June 2020 to August 2022.
Screenshot_20210512-140954_Instagram.jpg

Stevek

I consider myself a pretty big SW fan and watching someone livestream the SW nite fireworks from Disneyland right now...I'm suddenly reminded why I won't go to these conventions or attend a SW event anymore. The people are so over the top in their actions.

Phroobar

I consider myself a pretty big SW fan and watching someone livestream the SW nite fireworks from Disneyland right now...I'm suddenly reminded why I won't go to these conventions or attend a SW event anymore. The people are so over the top in their actions.
Definitely true but so are the Pixie Dusters at D23. Conventions are just painful to go to.

CaptinEO

Definitely true but so are the Pixie Dusters at D23. Conventions are just painful to go to.
I don't get the appeal of these events, especially when the news is shared or video broadcasted live anyways.

You really want to be in the room when a Disney Executive who cares nothing about you announces a nemo kiddie coaster so you can say you were there? Who cares.

The only event I wish I was there for in person was drunk John Lasseter announcing Pixar Pier. He was out of his mind. That's real entertainment.

Phroobar

I don't get the appeal of these events, especially when the news is shared or video broadcasted live anyways.

You really want to be in the room when a Disney Executive who cares nothing about you announces a nemo kiddie coaster so you can say you were there? Who cares.

The only event I wish I was there for in person was drunk John Lasseter announcing Pixar Pier. He was out of his mind. That's real entertainment.
The only good thing about those conventions is the vendor booth area and the cosplayers. It's fun to shop and do impromptu meet & greets with total strangers dressed as Klingons.

Stevek

Yeah, I did SW Celebration with my family when it was first in LA and did the first 2 D23 conventions and the fanatacism is just a bit too much for me. I'm a fan, a big fan of both Disney and SW, but not to the extent that some people come off as. Plus, the inability to apply and reapply deodorant by some fans :p

I guess some of this is just age catching up to me. I have a hard time understanding the amount of time, energy and money some people invest in these things, not that I'm condemning them, just don't get it. That and the explosion and embracing of blogger, vloggers and influencers has really dampened my enthusiasm for Disneyland. Just feels like it's a bunch of people that live in a totally different world.

Phroobar

Yeah, I did SW Celebration with my family when it was first in LA and did the first 2 D23 conventions and the fanatacism is just a bit too much for me. I'm a fan, a big fan of both Disney and SW, but not to the extent that some people come off as. Plus, the inability to apply and reapply deodorant by some fans :p

I guess some of this is just age catching up to me. I have a hard time understanding the amount of time, energy and money some people invest in these things, not that I'm condemning them, just don't get it. That and the explosion and embracing of blogger, vloggers and influencers has really dampened my enthusiasm for Disneyland. Just feels like it's a bunch of people that live in a totally different world.
At that first SW Celebration in LA, I had a booth with a 20x10 model of a city taken over by the empire. Our customizer group made over two hundred figures and buildings for it. We gave away most of it at the end of the convention. We were going to follow it up with our idea for a Star Wars land but it never panned out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom