Surfing in TL

ImaYoyo

I was reading another thread in here and someone said surfint in TL where would you surf here and is there a pirce for it?
The Wave Pool can create up to 10 foot "A" frame (split peak) waves. Available mornings before park opening or evenings after park closing. Rates vary but are per wave, with a 100 wave minimum. Expect pricing between 1500 and 2000 dollars. Call 407-WDW-SURF

Upvote 0

banimall

I had to read that a few times, it originally looked like $1500 - 2K per person but it actually breaks out to $140 a person. I was first thinking what a rip off, you can surf for free at the beach but $140's actually not too bad, at $15 a wave you better not wipe out though.

Upvote 0

ImaYoyo

A couple extra bits of info. Admission to TL is no longer included w/surf school, and you don't need to have 6 people to rent out the entire wave pool for a surf party, any size group can do so (1 person or 100 people, doesn't matter). Catering and entertainment can also be added for an additional cost.

Upvote 0

poohbear6103

The last time my husband surfed TL I purchased it for him and it was $1100 (both times). There is a 100 wave maximum. The waves can be configuered to right, left or center (center being only for 2 or more people. My husband did the surfing event all by himself both times). He did it the first year in the morning (6-9AM) and the following year in the evening (6-9PM). I think you can have as many as 15 guests with you for that price. You can customize it in a sense by bringing your own music that they are willing to play for you over the loud speakers during this event. I even heard that if you have a big enough group, you can have some breakfast items catered in. Be aware that there is a difference between a private surfing event such as this and the surfing school offered on certain mornings. That event is not private and are "lessons". Take into account that this was 2004 and 2005 so prices may have changed.
Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

ImaYoyo

Once again, it is a 100 wave MINIMUM, not maximum. I should know, I worked at Typhoon Lagoon for quite a while. If it were a 100 wave maximum, that would imply someone could purchase 1 wave. or 10. Neither of which are correct. Like I said, if you call 407-WDW-Surf, Cindy (or anyone else that answers) will tell you it is a 100 wave minimum.

Upvote 0

poohbear6103

I guess it is all in the wording. What I meant by maximum is you cannot ask for 200 waves. 100 waves in the maximum they will let you do during the time allowed. Yes you cannot ask for only 1 or 50 waves, but you can stop before the 100 if you choose to and only end up doing 80 if for some reason you feel you just can't do that amount (tired, don't feel well, etc). You just have to pay the total price regardless.
It is a lot of fun and definitely something unique. If I knew how to surf, I would have been out there joining in the fun. Basically I played photographer/videographer.

Upvote 0

ask!

I just called today 6-12-07 to find out the scoop after seeing the surf school on the Travel Channel.

It costs $140/per person for a 2 1/2 hr lesson...the first 1/2 hr is on land. You need to make reservations which seem readily available....the catch? The surf school begins at 5:45 am when the TL opens at 9 am EMH (thru the summer).

Way too early for my teens...but it does seem like an awesome experience.

Ask!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom