Superstar Television Full Show Video

colav10

Original Poster
Hi,

The other day I was searching for a full show video of Superstar Television. I managed to find one on an obscure video website. It didn't load very well and was very chopped but I managed to save the video and reupload it to a different(more well known) video website. So, for all to enjoy here is the link to the video:

http://www.vimeo.com/14253533

Enjoy!!!

Krack

Thanks, the first year the park opened, my grandfather was in the show as part of the Cheers set. It was a lot of fun.

Krack

I find it hard to believe that people would rather watch an American Idol show than an updated version of Superstar Television with current TV programs.

I haven't been to DHS since American Idol went in - does it draw a crowd?

a2grafix

Wow, the show was 30 minutes.

I remember sitting through it at least twice with my mom and dad and sisters back in the day.

Thanks for the link and the memories.

MarkTwain

I find it hard to believe that people would rather watch an American Idol show than an updated version of Superstar Television with current TV programs.

I haven't been to DHS since American Idol went in - does it draw a crowd?

I could easily see a show like this being a hit if it used hit shows like Lost, Grey's Anatomy, or Modern Family. Some of the acts seem to be outright parodies of their respective shows, like the soap opera in the video above, which are hilarious even when you don't know the people in it. This would be a great idea for a replacement if American Idol ever runs out of steam (probably a only a few years down the road).

Superstar TV was one of the shows I would never miss. I got picked to be in the Three Stooges (pie in the face:p) bit. What fun it was. After the show they said I could take a shower if I wanted to. I just washed my face and went on my way.:)

French Quarter

Thank you so much for this video. I just watched the whole thing and am glad to see that Superstar Television was as great as I remember it. It really captured the whole purpose of MGM Studios, I thought.

Grizzly Hall 71

I never, never, never, never, never knew why this show was replaced. It was easily one of the best ideas, cheap (TDO's favorite word), and a huge people eater.

This attraction entertained and it's not the hard to run really. It could easily continually be updated with new shows. Seeming how everyone's into ABC/ Disney Channel/ ESPN I don't see why Disney wouldn't it keep it. You could have Hannah Montana for children, All my Children for adults, and a Sportscenter broadcast for the boys. I hope one day it returns. This is what MGM was all about.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom